The Watchtower's Dilemma

by metatron 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• metatron
    metatron

Dilemma (n.) - a situation involving choice between equally unsatisfactory alternatives.

That's exactly where the Governing Body - and Directors- find themselves.

They are becoming painfully aware of growing malaise and lack of growth in the organization.

In response, they could:

scream louder about Armageddon being close ( not likely to work)

verbally 'beat' the friends even more ( they're getting tired of hearing this)

As a choice, I doubt that they could bring themselves to organize any internal charity

to encourage publishers. This would be viewed as APOSTASY because hard liners

would say that it is an effort to supplant the "preaching work". Even if such was attempted,

it's likely that the all powerful Service Dept. would try to derail it, as with permitting Witnesses

to go to college. Besides all this, their lawyers would remind them of how 'messy' such

charities can be - liability, more insurance and so on.

I also doubt they will say that the "preaching work" is nearly finished and now showing

a lack of growth. Such a statement would only encourage a further downtrend, with

publishers slacking off.

The one possibility I continue to hope for is that they may do nothing in response,

'go thru the motions' of perfunctory "encouragement" - and silently..... quietly ......

GIVE UP! It could happen.

metatron

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

It could happen.

Yup, when monkeys fly out of my butt.

But seriously....one could only hope but then so many would be in shock and disillusionment that it could be a dangerous situation.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I propose an alternative. They could do like the Worldwide Church of God: make a public apology for falsely misleading people in their teachings , confess their sins and try to make a new beginning.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think they will scale down whatever doesnt lose them money in the western world and love bomb 3rd world countries to increase their statistics.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Maybe they will find a way to turn their Dilemmas into de Lemon Aid.

• heathen
    heathen

They have been burning the candle at both ends and eventually you get burned . I would exspect the usual guilt trip of we are so close to the end blah blah but we still need 600million dollars for a new printing press . Technically that is only $100 a member from the rank and file . They really do need to disclose all their holdings to the members instead of hiding everything , I really don't know how they do the things they do and still claim not for profit status .

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub
    They could do like the Worldwide Church of God: make a public apology for falsely misleading people in their teachings , confess their sins and try to make a new beginning.

Now, that was one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Who knows? The hardline Soviet Communist Party gave up. But then look at China which ended up compromising, becoming more "mainstream" to survive.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I think they'll start selling T-shirts at conventions. JW's on tour!

Kwin

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I propose an alternative. They could do like the Worldwide Church of God: make a public apology for falsely misleading people in their teachings , confess their sins and try to make a new beginning.

I think that would open the floodgates to litigation. Many have died refusing blood transfusions. Many have had their families destroyed. Lives have been wrecked. Can you also imagine hard-line elders having to eat humble pie, having to admit they were wrong? I daresay many people harmed by JCs will want revenge. Personally, I feel Watchtower has got itself boxed into a tight corner. The pressure's piling up. However, those who have caused most of the misery - the eldery governing body - will all be dead by the time Watchtower well and truly crumbles. That's why it has to keep going. The GB needs to get away with its dastardly deeds where it can't be touched - in the grave! I'm interested in wondering what will happen to all the assets. By rights, all the monies should be shared amongst those of us who have been injured by Watchtower - which just about means all of us!!!! Making a public apology, therefore, is not about to happen - but I do feel time is running out for Watchtower. It's just such an unappealing religion nowadays. Most people, especially the young, are more savvy - or just couldn't care less about religion. Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit