Well ,I Just Had An Elder Come By To See If I Wanted To Go For A Beer

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

WOW, Min!

The only time an elder came to visit ME, he wanted to tell me that I needed to be at the meetings and to remind me what a faithless JW I was----NEVER was there ANY mention of beer!

hugs,

Annie

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    I'd go with him for a beer or 3.

Maybe beer is the new Theocratic Warfare. Get you drunk so you confess all that's been going on. Turn it on him! Get him loaded so you'll have some dirt on him too! Not to mention the good time.

Kwin

• blondie
    blondie
    The only time an elder came to visit ME, he wanted to tell me that I needed to be at the meetings and to remind me what a faithless JW I was----NEVER was there ANY mention of beer!

the 11th commandment

Elders will never have beer while visiting a sister...immorality will result

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***Elders will never have beer while visiting a sister...immorality will result

Yeah, Blondie----there IS that! (grin)

hugs,

Annie

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Hey Min, I'm sure your friend is sincere. Since you haven't seen him in almost 10 years, I think it is safe to say that he doesn't want you to go just because he misses you. I take it that you went to different congos but knowing that his friend is a fellow believer is probably reassuring for him. I'm curious about what he thinks you're missing at the meetings.

Maybe it's all about obligation. My personal belief is that witnesses subconsciously resent others not living up to the burden that they impose on themselves. How many witnesses really demonstrate the sentiment behind the words in Ps 84:10, "a day in your courtyards"? It's sad.

I hope your meeting for beers goes well and it turns out to be a visit that both of you can benefit from. Take care.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Sounds very much like being in the mob. Or the tail end of the Eagles tune Hotel California, " You Can Check Out Anytime You Like, But You Can Never Leave ".

• minimus
    minimus

Sad thing is this guy's been on all sorts of meds for depression for well over 10 years. When we were younger he had some unexplainable issues that never seemed to be resolved with medical help. In HIS case, perhaps being a JW gives him comfort since he is cared for by his family and his wife's. In a normal (worldly) setting, I doubt he could function.

• fleaman uk
  • fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

After 10 Years of fading,what on Earth would be the point of them trying to get evidence to Disfellowship you?

Go for those Beers!

• figureitout
    figureitout

This really is a two way street. There are a lot of good people in the orginization that care for your well being, they are doing what in their hearts is best for you and that should be well recieved in my opinion. How can you fault anyone who is caring enough to try to look out for you. On the flip side there are a lot of mean-spirited people who just want you to confess everything so they can finally get you DF'ed.. Sad but true.

Not sure how others view this but regardless of religion even JW if people are showing love and kindness I always appriciate it and I am sure god does as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit