Well ,I Just Had An Elder Come By To See If I Wanted To Go For A Beer

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As we all know, if they want to getcha---they'll find a way, whether it's legit or not!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Someone once posted these words on this board with respect to dealing with those phone calls and solicitations from former dub-pals:

"Be gracious but grant no interviews."

That's my operating philosophy. It seems to be working.

• minimus
    minimus

My view is----I DON'T need to tell them anything. They're not over me!!!!!!!

• Preston
    Preston

I think it's about time that JW's realize that majority of us know that "going out for a beer" (mmmmmmmmm, beer) doesn't imply what it means in a literal sense. I mean, haven't they read enough issues of Playboy to know that going up to a girl's apartment for "coffee" doesn't imply what it really means...

• minimus
    minimus

In this case, I feel the elder-friend wanted to discuss old times but I also think he was trying to find out info so that he would know BUT if there was something big---he knows he'd have to "report" it (me).

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Lets remember that this guy believes that minimus is on a fast train to the raging inferno, unless he "Repents and turns back to Jehovah". It is perfectly logical that the tie of past friendship would move him to have a word and try to "Help" Min.

I often criticise the elders around here and those past "Brothers?" with whom I served. They take no interest in me. I have a relative who is an elder, albeit in a different part of the country, but he has never said a word . presumably he could not care if BluesBrother is toasted by the hail of Armageddon.

Of course if you say anything "apostate" he may feel obliged to report it, but there will be no witnessess... I would go for a beer. Make sure he pays his round!....

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

as jw's we're so socially deprived that who would ever refuse an invitation out for a beer? i bet you shocked him lmao

• minimus
    minimus

Beer's good but Mai Tai's better!!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

rum sunrise..... mmmmmmmmmmmm

• minimus
    minimus

And he never offered to buy ME a beer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest