• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Carefulo Min, = TRUTH SERUM!

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Min

Good job in deflecting his probes.

Figureitout summed it up,

There are a lot of good people in the orginization that care for your well being, they are doing what in their hearts is best for you and that should be well recieved in my opinion. How can you fault anyone who is caring enough to try to look out for you. On the flip side there are a lot of mean-spirited people who just want you to confess everything so they can finally get you DF'ed.. Sad but true.
    Special K
  • minimus
    minimus

Fleaman, I haven't been fading for 10 yrs. I haven't seen my friend in 10 yrs.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi Min,

I enjoyed your story. I would have acted similarly to how you handled this situation ... except ... I would have managed to stick my foot in my mouth ... and before I could get it out, I would manage to jamb the other foot in too. Good job, Min. You held on to your position. - Jim W.

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks Jim. I see real curiousity mixed with a little "can I help you?". A lot of people like my friend just can't believe I'm no longer involved in the "truth". It is perplexing to them.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Pure sneaky Gestapo type tricks. Minimus hasn't seen this guy in ten years, and all of a sudden the guy pops up, like it's Saturday afternoon at the park, and asks him out for drinks? It's all so OBVIOUS! Someone's spoken to him to get him to do this, and find out what they can. I admire you, Min, for holding your stand and refusing to speak of that which you know can drive you out. It seems that the more you refuse to speak, the more they use the sneaky tricks on you. If they're gonna play the CIA or FBI, they need to be more covert.. heheh. They're so obvious about everything.

Minimus: what you believe and what you feel is your OWN business, and not that of the congregation's, or even your family's. Your spiritual life is very personal, and that it should remain. I think you are doing a great job, I am just wondering if they rooted out your personal friend and made him do this, so that they could see you write about it on this forum, justly confirming what they already thought. Just something to think about...

I am so glad to hear about your Mother's progress. That was really cool that she realizes that they are like serpents.. slithering in the darkness to strike out at a pulse of light.

Country Girl

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

What kind of f*cking shit is this?

You haven't seen this guy for 10 years and he has the gall to assume he's still a friend of yours? Is that what JW friendships are like? If so, I'm glad I never had any friends among them.

You're a lot kinder than me, min. I'd have been tempted to kick his sorry ass.

I agree with one; you're being tracked.

Walter

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, I started feeling bad for him when he began to stutter.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Fleaman, I haven't been fading for 10 yrs. I haven't seen my friend in 10 yrs. Aha.I see .Now i understand,ive been out about 18 Months and wouldnt trust myself to keep quiet after a few Beers about the Religion!Maybe i would think twice about going out with this "Friend".Although,you could say what you want.......there would only be 1 Witness to hear you!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I see real curiousity mixed with a little "can I help you?"

The 'can I help you' is JW code for 'tell me what you did so I can get you dragged in front of the elders'. You're kinder to him than I would have been.

You were right to avoid going out, it's an obvious pressure tactic. They may not allow you to fade Min. It's all going to depend on whether an elder gets his back up or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit