BEWARE! This is an Apostate site!!

by laraby 123 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Quick everyone, run to the hills where the evil 'prostates' can't find us.

Alternatively, wrap a wet towel and bacon-foil round your head and that will neutralise their death-thoughts.

Oh, and use the bible as a shield. It also doubles as good padding if you have a snooker table and an uneven floor.

• AlanF
    AlanF

: Quick everyone, run to the hills where the evil 'prostates' can't find us.

Yeah! And where those evil abortionists who want to force us to kill feces left and right can't go!

AlanF

• searcher
    searcher

a?pos?tate (-t À t ¿ , -tit)

n.

a person guilty of apostasy; renegade

adj.

guilty of apostasy

Etymology

[ ME apostate, apostata < OFr apostate & ML apostata < LL(Ec) apostata < Gr(Ec) apostates < Gr, deserter, rebel: see apostasy ]

©1995 Zane Publishing, Inc. ©1994, 1991, 1988 Simon & Schuster, Inc.

a?pos?ta?sy ( ? päs ¿ t ? s È ) pl. -sies

n.

an abandoning of what one has believed in, as a faith, cause, or principles

Etymology

[ ME apostasie < LL(Ec) apostasia < Gr apo-, away + stasis, a standing: see stasis ]

sta?sis (st À¿ sis, stas ¿ is) pl. -ses ¿ (-s È z ¿ )

n.

1 a) a stoppage of the flow of some fluid in the body, as of blood b) reduced peristalsis of the intestines resulting in the retention of feces

2 a state of equilibrium, balance, or stagnancy

Etymology

[ ModL < Gr, a standing < histanai, to stand ]

Hm, interesting.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Soooo... what is an apostate supposed to look like? *Looks around.

X.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ... and ? ...BTW how are you doing ? (with or without the JW or sit in the middle)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have a feeling that Brother Laraby's inquisitive nature will draw him back , to see what we all made of his comments.

If so , please note . your comment "If some of you still read the bible" is a a slur on the diverse nature of this community . Many may not, but a lot do read the Bible and with a truthseeking mind, rather than because the WT paragraph quotes it.

Ezek chapt 33 says in context .

vs 2 : "Speak to the sons of YOUR people.".............So Ezekiel was to address the house of Israel . An organisation that bore God's name , purported to worship him "in the name of Jehovah" but in fact had become rotten, and led by a corrupt priesthood and ruling body. remind you of anyone?

As vs 11 says, " I take delight not in the death of someone wicked". So does that paint Jehovah as the god who will slaughter us all en masse ,simply because we dare to differ with a man made Bible Society and use a website?, or rather a god who will do what he says in vs 20 "It will be each one according to his ways that i shall judge you"

Incidentally, please read the entire second letter of John in the Greek Scriptures of the NWT and then reflect on whether we may all be lumped together as "Apostate".

Nice of you to drop in to this board and, despite the tone of some of the replies to your thread, we are a friendly accommodating bunch who will be pleased to discuss any serious point with you,

Christian regards,

your BluesBrother

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

It has taken more than three years for somebody coming out to tell me...

• Angharad
  • Wallflower
    Wallflower

Shouts : "Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!"
    *opens eyes*
    "Aaarghh.....all you evil apostates are still here!!"

• wizedup
    wizedup

Now that I think of it...I'm a double apostate. I "apostated" from the Catholic church too.

Laraby needs to fear me twice as much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit