144,000 taking their lead from elders?????

by Dansk 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

The 144,000 are supposedly to give the flock their spiritual food at the proper time. However, in my old congregation we had one of the (supposedly) anointed - a female. This lady was very zealous and lovely in all respects - but I never once heard her give anyone their spiritual food at the proper time.

Also, all the remnant are supposed to be equal - so how come she received her spiritual food from a governing body, just like everybody else? And, as one of the (supposedly) anointed who was to give us our spiritual food at the proper time, how come she wasn't allowed to give public talks but had to take counsel from the elders - like everybody else?

Also, why are there no women on the governing body if all the 144,000 are equal? And why does a member of the 144,000 need to cowtow to a governing body anyway when they should ALL be part of the governing body? How can there be a select few (the governing body) governing other (supposedly) anointed when they are all supposed to be equal?

How is it the elders can laud it over a member of the (supposedly) anointed when it is members of the anointed who are supposed to distribute the spiritual food? And how come, at the memorial, supposedly THE most important date in the JW calendar, while females of the (supposedly)144,000 can partake of the emblems as part of the bride of Christ and who are (supposedly) equal with all others of the 144,000 - including the governing body - they cannot give a talk? Why can they not distribute the spiritual food at the proper time? As they are to become spirit creatures in heaven, and therefore sexless, how come they have to take the lead from the elders when it is the elders, and everyone else, who should be taking the lead from the (supposedly) anointed?

If the 144,000 are all (supposedly) now sealed how come the female members of the 144,000 who are, supposedly, equal to the male members of the 144,000 are less than elders?

And how come when the governing body, which is supposedly equal with all other members of the 144,000, decides to change its teaching those members of the 144,000, who are supposedly equal to everyone else on the governing body but are members of congregations around the world, don't know anything about this new "change of thought" until receiving it through a Watchtower - like everyone else?

And how come the (supposedly) anointed in far flung congregations around the world have to have this new thought explained to them by an elder when, supposedly, being equal to others of the 144,000, including the governing body, it is THEY who should be explaining it to the elders - and everyone else?

Do you suppose Watchtower has been conning people all these years???????????

Ian

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    Do you suppose Watchtower has been conning people all these years???????????

Bingo!

• avishai
    avishai

LOL!!!

• Gill
    Gill

Why would an elder who is constantly being told by the WTBTS that he is a "Star' of the congregation, listen to a bent over old person, worst of all an old person without a willy?

I know of such a lovely old lady and in the thirty five years I've known her I can't think of many occassions when she's even been spoken to by elders and also, her attempts to answer at the congregation meetings were regularly ignored by whoever was taking the Watchtower Study. When they did allow her to answer they were often patronising towards her well researched answers.

I hope she kicks all their asses should she ever get to heaven but I don't suppose that will ever happen.

• Undecided
    Undecided

They are all spirit directed, but they haven't discovered how it gets in them to direct them yet. I guess they think it's stuck in the ceiling of the room where they vote on issues of truth.

Ken P.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Dansk,It's a con.

If the teaching is true that only 144,000 persons go to heaven, I would like to know how there could possibly be any openings left when Charles Russell came upon the scene in 1880?

The book of Acts mentions at least 100,000 people saved, and this was only the beginning of the growth of Christianity. Estimates have it that there was at least 250,000 Jews in the early church, not counting the thousands of gentiles.

Also there were over 250,000 martyrs who would surely be included in the 144,000.

In the Watchtower book,The Finished Mystery,1917, Russell said there were 861,000 martyrs.

It seems obvious that these openings would all have been filled in the apostolic age or shortly thereafter.

Based on this information, the Society has pulled off one of the biggest CON jobs ever on millions of persons.

Blueblades, no longer being conned.

• heart2heart
    heart2heart

The typical JW response to "How do they know they are annointed?" ("They just know") is not very different from other churches' reply to questions they don't have answers for: "It's a mystery". After I stopped attending meetings, and was thinking about all of the inconsistencies, this is one issue that bothered me... how "annointed" women had no say at all in WT doctrine, and how only a very select few out of the supposed 8000 or so "annointed" around today actually make all the decisions, without the input of the others! I wonder how much different the WTS would be today if all those who feel they are spirit annointed had been given a chance to voice their thoughts on all those decisions before they were made? How do they feel when they don't agree with "new light" or policy changes? If they are the ones who are supposed to be distributing the spiritual food, they must feel disturbed when the WT comes out with something that they don't agree with - perhaps they feel like they are no longer "chosen"...

Good thread!

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

In a land not too far away a confidence was discovered. " Oh look, what do we have here, a bright and shiny toy! " " Yes," cried the seers, " a most wonderful toy! . . .and don't you see, all we have to do is massage it a bit, and the world is ours, for you and me!"

• heathen
    heathen

Blueblades-- I never heard this quoted before .

In the Watchtower book,The Finished Mystery,1917, Russell said there were 861,000 martyrs

As we know russel was never a martyr , so how could anyone trust anything the guy ever said ? Personally I think there are the anointed servants in the 1st century and 144k in the last days of this system of things, I don't think the number 144k in revelation was in reference to the first century congregation . Furthermore ,I don't think the women are included in the promise of co- rulership with christ . I think it is strictly a guy thing . The WTBTS has a double standard when it comes to women , they know they are easier to control than men so what they believe is that women can be of the saintly class but guess what the bible says they must learn in silence ,so they also know this scripture as well and refuse them the same priviledges as men . In acts of apostles it is clear that men did in fact listen to women as the prophesied but later on the doctrine changed to learn in silence , women are saved through faith, child bearing and sanctification provided they have soundness of mind. It's one of those contradictions that the WTBTS says doesn't exist in the bible .

• gumby
    gumby

Dansk....it has to be that way. Otherwise, there would be too many Cheifs and not enough Indians(did I spell Cheif correct?)

They get this idea from the bible of course. When the numbers of believers grew after Pentecost, the widows were being overlooked. They appointed certain men to look after these matters while the smarter, more popular, well endowed men, looked after the teaching and directing of things. Someone has to call the shots ya know. If ALL the annointed were to call the shots.....it would be anarchy. Half the dubs would be smokin weed, and the other half wouldn't.......it would be a mess.

*totally botches his reply*

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit