So I finally said "I am pagan"

by Sirona 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sirona
    Sirona

I told my JW mum and JW brother that I'm pagan, I mean, this time I really told them.

Previously I'd "mentioned it" to my mum, who seemed to accept it, but then chose to totally ignore what I'd said.

Anyway, I suspect my JW Brother reads this board, because of some things he said....

My mother said I'm "jumping on the bandwagon" which made me think she knows more about neo-paganism than I'd realised LOL but I don't think she still realises that I've been involved with it for about 4 years and initiated for 18 months.

My brother surprised me very much. He didn't even talk about the paganism, he simply pointed out some things about JWism at the moment. He claims that there are things "coming out" now that take JW'ism to a deeper level. He claims a recent book tells us things which we never knew before and its all coming together....

I said I'd read it. I don't know what book it is just now but I thought I'd give it a look. Of course it will be the usual drivel handed down from the GB (I suspect like the revelation book, which is also perceived to be so insightful by the JW masses)

Does anyone have any info on the new book?

So overall I guess I'm pretty lucky that they didn't kick me out of the house there and then. Maybe this is the new accepting JW?

Sirona

• Preston
    Preston

A new revelation book?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

A new revelation book?

OH NOOOOOoooooo!!!!

The last one was bad enough, you'd think they'd know better than to publish another book like that to torture the JW masses with.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman
    to torture the JW masses

In that case, they probably leave "en masse"

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    In that case, they probably leave "en masse"

YOu'd think they would have already did this when they went over it that 15th bazzillionth time.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Sirona, whether your mom and bro know much about Paganism or not, just your not being a JW more or less "targets" you as pagan in most JW eyes.

BTW, Congrads on coming out to them. I'm glad they didn't totally dis you, or worse, shun you further. At least you don't have to "hide" it, and if they get on some religions discussion, you've got yours out in the open ;)

Hugs and peace

Brenda

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome out of the broom closet Sirona! Feels good doesn't it?

Blessings!

Sherry

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Excellent - good for you

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Merry Meet Sirona,

I'm glad your family didn't totally freak out on you with your telling them. I'm sure that my family would be scared $h!tle$$ if I told them such a thing. As someone who has a very hard time in believing anything religious, I'm sincerely happy for you that you have found something that enriches you.

Though I'm agnostic, I had many interesting conversations with a wiccan university classmate years ago. She took her chosen pantheon (norse gods), along with its key myths, and had explained its symbolism to me in a very enlightening manner. At the time I was reading up on the pagan mystery religions and their link with christian gnostics just to understand the history of the early christians. I have nearly my entire life felt devoid of spirituality despite my growing up a JW and going to a Roman Catholic school. But seeing her personalizing material such that it gave her real meaning, did more to stimulate my spiritual interest than any public talk or mass.

Merry part

• aagirl
    aagirl

Hi Sirona

You are brave. I am pretty straight with my JW son about what my position is regarding his religion. However, will not be telling him that I go to a 'spiritual' group where we explore spooky stuff. I just KNOW he would shun me for that!!

congratulations!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit