old bad "wordly" habits creeping back in

by babygirl 37 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl
    babygirl

after being a jw for about 27 yrs and giving up old wordly habits...some still lurk at my door..how about you? which is your choice of badness, i mean the serious df kind...marijuana, smoking, premarital sex, etc...anything creeping back????

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I have a penchant for gambling and premarital sex.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I keep finding myself giving naughty girls spankings that they are in desperate need of.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I was raised a dubbie from about age 9, and left around a year and a half ago.

So, it's all new and wondrous to me!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Hanging out with "apostates".

Kwin

• avishai
    avishai

Whaddya got???

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Who defines worldly habits?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    which is your choice of badness, i mean the serious df kind...marijuana, smoking, premarital sex, etc...anything creeping back????

All of the above - and drunkenness, swearing, watching adult movies, listening to music with explicit lyrics, saying "good luck" etc.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I think it's only pre-maritial sex, if you plan on getting married.

I catch myself saying "bless you" when someone sneezes.

Lisa

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I find this topic to be quite funny. it brings flashbacks of when my husband worked in a men's clothing store. one day he happened to meet a jw couple who seemed to really like him. they mentioned they were jws and my hubby said that his wife used to be one but wasnt anymore. the jw couple had the nerve to ask my hubby if i was a "good woman"!

Or having my mother tell me that my marriage was immoral - didnt get that one maybe she meant marrying a worldly guy was immoral (but then i was never baptised) - i never asked y she said that.

actually we live a very quiet life. leaving the jws did not leave me with the want to go out and partake in drugs, unlimited drinking binges, well i did partake in wild sex will multiple partners but that's over i'm married now with children. And i drink maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I do say bless you - my kids say that around my parents which i think is a hoot lol, and i do cuss like a sailor at times which my hubby thinks is cute and has no affect in an arguement.

but i think for the most part many who leave the jws dont end up like we were taught in the bOrg, at least not me or my siblings.

Mrs Jones

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit