My Brother Can't Even Do Microphone Duty Because He Went To My Kid's Weddin

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks for your expressions here. FWIW, I know of no other disciplinary action ever being taken on an elder, ms. pioneer, or publisher with no special privileges for attending a wedding of an inactive (for years) JW and their non-JW husband. NO ONE has ever heard of MARKING such a person AFTER they get married. I have been a JW for over 4 decades and I have NEVER known an inactive JW getting marked after the dating process had occured. Evidently, NO marking was given during the time my daughter was dating and had willingly, willfully left the congregation. So to those that might think that I should've known better, the truth is----this action violates what their Watchtowers teach. But of course we know that they can do anything they want and that REALLY IS the point!

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder if the wedding in Cana where Jesus turned water into wine resulted in any of Jesus' disciples losing Privileges?? At that point in time neither the bride nor the groom would have been his disciples....

Love, Scully

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Evidently, NO marking was given during the time my daughter was dating and had willingly, willfully left the congregation.

How did they mark her? Did they give a talk about her?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I wonder if the wedding in Cana where Jesus turned water into wine resulted in any of Jesus' disciples losing Privileges?? At that point in time neither the bride nor the groom would have been his disciples....

Jesus and his disciples would have been disfellowshipped for apostasy. They had no business running ahead of the organization. What the hell were they doing performing miracles and preaching before the Watchtower corporation was even formed?

Walter

• minimus
    minimus

They gave a "marking" talk this month. When my mom inquired whether she was being marked, he said, "No. Only your granddaughter. And we hope she'll come back to Jehovah".

• codeblue
    codeblue

Good point, Scully

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    And we hope she'll come back to Jehovah".

Which to them means back to their KH. How do THEY know she has left Jehovah?

• minimus
    minimus

HoChiMin----You bad.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this garbage, min - no matter how much we expect it, it's never easy, and it's really hard to even know what to expect since - as TJ pointed out so kindly - the elders make up the rules as they go. I never really understood what it would mean to lose my family, especially people like aunts and uncles I really loved who had always been there for me and weren' t that "strong" themselves; every "good-bye" letter I got hurt like hell. Maybe I should have been expecting them, but I don't think that helps....or even matters at all.

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks Kitties.....It's true- some people just don't get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit