My Brother Can't Even Do Microphone Duty Because He Went To My Kid's Weddin

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Sounds like a vendetta to me. To delete elders, take "responsibilities" away, remove pioneers, all because they attended a wedding of an "in-active" JW to a "worldly" person.

Most JWs have non-JW family that marry, etc. Do they get sanctioned for attending those weddings? Not usually.

Since your situation involves you, an elder, fading away, your family fading away, and then some of the "friends" sharing in a joyful period of celebrating a marriage of non-JW to inactive JW, it was too much for one or more of the elders in you old hall. They can't get you for apostasy(yet) so they are going after everyone and everything they can to make life hell for anyone who has anything to do with you.

Now that's a Christian religion for ya.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Hey Min,

I feel left out, nobody came after me! A former elder (barf) with my girlfriend attended the wedding and spent the night in the hotel. We had monkey sex all night with much noise.

HCM

PS; I smell a rat, TJ is it you? Were you in the band maybe?

• Preston
    Preston

No microphone duty? Whoa...I mean, I don't know what to say. You know a religion has become so completely successful in contorlling people's lives when position and prestige are attached to having the capacity to take a wireless microphone to a person during a meeting where they reinforce the most magnificent (B) eauteous (S) ayings from teh WT belief system. The fact that this has become the litmus test for a person's righteousness is almost too ludicrous to appear in the onion.

• one
    one

under,

amen

• codeblue
    codeblue

Min: I for one feel bad for what you are experiencing. The obvious lack of love and the unscrupulous rulings even though we know they can happen, still are quite a shocker for us.

I have had 2 JW sisters that have found out from other sources that I have seen the UN website and have cracked down on me....it HURTS. One by one I am loosing my jw sisters and relatives...

I am sorry that you felt you can't express yourself during this time....don't stop just because one poster has made you feel bad for doing such....WE care about you!

many hugs to you right now,

CodeBlue

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    You may have been booted by the WTS, but you've never received a beating, and keep it up, it's around the corner bigmouth. People who have taken beatings have some compassion, not you.

Good grief!! So nice of you to warn of his impending doom. I think teejay could probably take care of himself better than most people here. So he could use a little softening around his edges...but he tells it like it is. He says what usually needs to be said and you always know where you stand with him. Better than the gossip mongers in the walls of the Kingdumb Halls, dontcha think?

Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.

• undercover
    undercover
    Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.

Yep, gotta agree with that... However...

It was teejay's attitude in a couple of posts that got some people kind of upset with him. In fact the advice of not judging someone until you've walked in their shoes could apply to teejay as well as the rest of us.

I think teejay made some valid points otherwise, unfortunate that those points were lost by everyone jumping on what was perceived as an attack. Either way I'd hate to see this thread disintegrate into name calling or side taking over this when minimus seems genuinely upset over what has transpired over the last few weeks.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Seems a pretty hardline congo area to me , Minimus.

But a couple of experiences that I know of .. An ex elder acquiantance of ours was removed after his 'grown up and live away from home' daughter married a non witness . This guy organised a small reception after the wedding at his house..He was removed and they called it "Providing a wedding feast"

An elder of closer acquaintance allowed his 16 year old daughter to get engaged to a lad in the congo, in good standing . Because of her age he was removed, for not acting in accord with the society's counsel against young marriages. This caused a big issue and when the C/o next came I discussed with him the question of an elder exercising a conscience. The upshot was that an elder is not able to have a conscience. He is supposed to be an example in applying the Society's counsel in all things.

Sorry for all the trouble this has caused you Min. But at least you know that these people are better off being distanced a bit from the organisation, even if they dont know it yet..

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

More than ten years ago, when I was a MS I was invited to a wedding of a JW and a non-JW. She happened to be an Elder's daughter (grown up and living in her own appartment).

Soon, all servants were informed that they would loose their priviledges if they went.

And the bride was blamed for getting the servants into that situation.

It left a bad taste in the mouths of many...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Minimus, I've been thinking, even though it's very sad that your relatives are being treated like trash by the elders, it's matters like these that helped so many of us out of the truth. I think that with a lot of people, these bad things cause doubts and doubts accumulate. When there are talks and studies involving the Pharisees or how Christ's true followers will have love among themselves, you know they will think of those doubts and wonder where that love is. When there are talks or lessons dealing with rotten fruit, your relatives will wonder about all of this.

Let's hope that these sad times will be a good teacher for your loved ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit