My Brother Can't Even Do Microphone Duty Because He Went To My Kid's Weddin

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Teejay, either you're being a smartass (again) or you just don't get it. My brother was an elder for years too. As Blondie mentioned, OBVIOUSLY, not every Hall does it the same way. As a matter of fact, the only reasons the elders did what they did to my mother was because the CO made them do it. They admitted they really don't understand how my daughter could be marked AFTER her wedding and not before.

• teejay
    teejay

You've never seen a body of elders make rules as they go? And you were an elder for how long, Mini?

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah Teejay and my name is Nostredamus too. Like I'm supposed to know what they're going to wind up doing....Even YOU couldn't know that.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Teejay, doesnt matter how long a person is an elder or just a jw, it still comes as a surprise when they do things like that, it becomes personal. How can they mark her after the event and then judge people for attending? Well we know they do it, but it still a shock.

Brummie

• teejay
    teejay

When I was df'd, my best friend (I was his best man when he got married) didn't speak to me the couple of times our paths crossed during that 6-month period. Chris didn't even acknowledge my presence. Didn't look my way.

I was hurt... deeply... but not shocked. I had been a JW my whole life and knew what he would likely do. When he did it, I wasn't surprised.

Mini will have to face reality one day. He'll find that, facing reality sooner is better than facing it later.

JWs do what they do. Mini, a former elder, should know that better than any. I guess he still has things to learn about the JW religion.

• minimus
    minimus

First of all, why do you pretend to know what and how I think?? What makes you think I'm not facing reality right now? Because I mention on this discussion board personal things that are dear to me? I've been criticized for not expressing myself in those area and when I do, you decide I'm not facing reality based upon how YOU experienced a totally different matter. Maybe "Chris" didn't acknowledge your presence for a different reason.

• teejay
    teejay

Well, Mini, did it surprise you?were you shocked??when your brother had all of his privileges removed? Did it surprise you when your elder friend was deleted? If so, why? Don't you have a clue?

And btw, Chris (not "Chris") has gone out of his way to befriend me since then. I've forgiven him. As a loyal Jw, he did what he had to do. I understand the JW mentality. Understood it then. That's sorta my point. You should try it. Understanding, I mean.

Getting on here and crying about stuff that you shoulda known would happen is kinda silly, don't-cha think? Or are you just playing some sort of game?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Getting on here and crying about stuff that you shoulda known would happen is kinda silly, don't-cha think? Or are you just playing some sort of game?

He's playing the role of exjw Teejay, thats because he is one, his experience is echoed by many here, I'm surprised that you cant understand the need to share, vent and talk these things through, its very theraputic, its not a denial of our past, its coming to terms with it..

you may not have experienced it like most of us, that makes you the lucky one huh.

Brummie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think Mini knows these things happen when people attend weddings of jws to non believers. It's just eye opening when it hits close to home, you know? Kind of like we all know people die but it hurts more when someone close to us dies. And Mini's here for comfort. I think most of us are here for comfort. TeeJay, I know you're a sweety pie and you can't begrudge Mini a little comfort seeking, right?

For Mini:

For TeeJay:

• minimus
    minimus

Teejay, I think Brummie and Flyin' have expressed things well. You are up to your antagonistic, provoking ways once again. Why you are trying to belittle me is only for you to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit