My Brother Can't Even Do Microphone Duty Because He Went To My Kid's Weddin

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My mother just told me that my brother was told by his elders that because he attended my daughter's wedding, he was not going to be allowed any privileges, including "handling the microphones". My elder friend that also went to the wedding told me he was being deleted too.

• Swan
    Swan

So much for it being a conscience decision.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

It sounds to me like a personal vendetta from CO or someone like him. I must say that everything seems to be much more hardcore in US than up here. This wouldn´t be an issue at all in northen parts of Europe.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

obviously a personal vendetta. its shameful behavior.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Boy the WT is laying down the law in your neck of the woods.

I would be surprised if your mother, brother, and former elder friend eventually leave the WT. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• jaredg
    jaredg

WHY?!?! what's the deal w/ your daughter?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Look on the bright side: He doesn't have to do toilet duty, or lawn mowing duty, or vacuum duty.....

He just has to walk in, sit down, smile and then go home. Totally free from all responsibilities.

• teejay
    teejay

Mini,

Seems that, as a former elder, you'd inform all these JW relatives of yours how the game is played -- saving them heartache -- instead of telling us of the consequences that befall them when they *don't* play the game.

Why don't you? Help them, I mean?

• blondie
    blondie

An elder

2 MS

3 regular pioneers

went to my wedding when I married a non-JW, I'd been inactive 2 years

Nothing happened to them

Irrev says that was because we went to a "liberal" congregation.

Blondie

• Brummie
    Brummie

mini, sounds like you went to the same congregation as I did. My brothers were judged on the basis that *I* was an apostate and they were only in their teens, not allowed to play football with the rightous brothers etc...duur

Brummie

edited cus I said a very very naughty word :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit