What RULES Do Jehovah's Witnesses Enforce Upon Their Members???

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

JWs love to say they are a "free" people. They are not enslaved by man made rules and regulations like other religions....How would you refute that idea?

• Sassy
    Sassy

Don't you think a shorter answer would be, what RULES do they NOT enforce?

there is only so much bandwidth here..

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Don't you think a shorter answer would be, what RULES do they NOT enforce?

there is only so much bandwidth here..

That says it all. We don't want to crash Simon's server either. Walter

• Iforget
    Iforget

The rule that was most impressed upon me is that you are allowed to be molested and you can't talk about it. Victims are not allowed justice.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Have you got all day?

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

One of the unwritten I have found is if you ride a motorcycle, make sure you are not a woman, and the bike is not a Harley. Do not wear protective gear (leather). Because it looks 'hoodlum' like. Brand X with shorts and tennys are OK, Jehooba take care of the road rash or exhaust burn.

If your Elders are of the Executive Class in real life, you are strongly urged to quit your union job with great benefits because it involves travel. Some thing like lawn mowing or roofing would be more appropriate to take care of your families spiritual needs. (is funny, because this pronouncement was issued by Older Brother Elder, who eventually left his good stay at home wife for a lady he met at his secular job.)

If you come from a dynasty of elders (kings and princes) the yoke is lighter. You get reinstated real easy. Older Brother Elder above was not disfellowshipped for long, and Younger Brother Elder is very uncomfortable around poor old Sister Left-Over.

I can't stand the smell of Mandacity!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Rule #1: If you are not a JW, then you are opposed to Jehover
    Rule #2: Do not get too close to non-JWs
    Rule #3: You don't have to do what we tell you
    Rule #4: If you don't do what we "suggest" then you will be marked
    Rule #5: If you are marked, JWs will avoid you.

Therefore, if you don't do what they "suggest" you will end up socially isolated. If you leave the WTS to have close non-JW friends, you will be rebelling against Jehover.

So what will it be?

• Do what they suggest and have friends
    • Don't do what they suggest and loose all of your friends
    • Leave the WTS and have close non-JW friends but rebel against Jehover

For someone who believes in the Jehover bit, this is an impossible decision.

• franklin J
    franklin J

...they like their followers to be kept "ignorant"; and do not encourage or promote higher education. A subtle unspoken rule; but devastating to a young persons life and future..

They try to deny that now; but it is a fact.

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

Franklin J thats it in a nutshell, the Rule of Ignorance.

Thou Shall Be Ignorant, and in Thy Ignorance find Bliss

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Do not watch primetime dramas.

Witness as much as possible to everyone everywhere if you want to bring praise to Jehovah.

Do your best to show how wonderful "Jehovah's organization" is to your spouse so that he/she will take interest and come into the truth.

Oh yeah....Don't get a second job because you don't want to do anything that would take you away from the meetings or having your Bible study. (Even though I am in debt up to my eyeballs)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit