What's Your Biggest Disappointment In Life??

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Min I'm on the end of being surprised when I find someone who had great parents. I know they exist. I just haven't met too many who had that sort of parent. And I know of waaaaaaayyyyy too many of the worst kind

• minimus
    minimus

My dad wasn't around but my mother and grandmother were very loving.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LL,

I think it is the pefect parent myth. We judge ourselves superior to our parents by creating a myth of what great parents are. I think we know deep down we are all the product of our enviroment and our parents were slaves of their enviroment just like we are today.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Good point. I always thought my parents were pretty normal, and everyone had parents similar to mine. As I got older I realized my mother was a bit "off" and my father wasn't around much. He was a real workaholic, but was there sometimes. He wasn't always absent.

I did have the constant of my grandparents though. If all else failed, they were there. That is a nice thing to think back upon. Great memories.

• Swan
    Swan

Mulan,

Whenever I mention my dear departed parents, people say "Oh, when did they die?"

I reply, "Oh they're not dead... just departed."

Tammy

• Carmel
    Carmel

Wow, I guess it would be the car accident that took me out of signing a lucrative contract with the Seattle Rainiers...does that date me or what?

carmel

• one
    one

The truth about the truth.

But the most recent is that i did not have the opportunity to spend more time (just one week) with the most impressive (german) girl i ever met,

legally blond, who as she put said could "read and write", in my opinion she is a beautiful mobile encyclopedia.

I told her i was a jw and she even described me perfectly what the jw are,

I could not beat her on any single conversation topic, except computer and technology. I said "give a break" she responded why you insist in teaching me...

but she had to go back to Frankfurt..

She had to be awesome for me to "tolerate" to be drinking nonstop with her until 4 am and then at beach by 9 am.

I am afraid it is too good to be true.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

lack of love among my JW relatives. not counting my parents.

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

Disappointment in myself for choices that I made when I was young that hurt myself and my family. Disappointment that the truth is a lie. Panther

• formerout
    formerout

Not trusting my innate intuitions to disbelieve the non-sensical, delusional "logic" taught by the WTBTS, even at the very beginning.. about 6-7 years of age.

However, the flip side to this question is that I eventually proved myself to be very wise by leaving and beginning to live life fully. The rest of my family has not been so lucky.... yet!

Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit