What's Your Biggest Disappointment In Life??

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

OUCH, Nancy! That sux.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake
    OUCH, Nancy! That sux.

It's ok, Minimus, it was 7 years ago. I'm over it. ...Ok, well maybe I'm not.

• franklin J
    franklin J

my biggest dissappointment? hmmm......( nothing to do with JWs....that was another world ago and has been evaluated in my time line a( mentality) as a complete "growing and learning experience" ; like adolescence; never to be repeated)

it would have to be the fact that I cannot pick up and sail a 75 foot sailboat around the world......but there is always my retirement ahead to do this....!

• minimus
    minimus

Poor Frank......

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

My biggest disappointment is the 15 years I spent in the WTBS and marrying into one of the most flagrant and practiced families at covering up scandals and aiding co-dependent behavior and abuse.

• kls
    kls

That i stayed in a loveless depressing marriage for so many years and that i have no one to blame but myself.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I don't dwell on it anymore, but when we first left the JW's, I mourned the missed opportunities for myself and my children. I wondered all the time "what might have been?"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

If anything, my biggest disappointment in life was my childhood. I got ripped off. After I left the JWs, nothing was a disappointment. It was all a learning experience!

• alias
    alias
    I wish I had had different parents. As it is, although they are both still alive, I am an orphan.

Blondie

It's amazing at what a difference this factor alone can make in our lives.

My feelings are similar, or perhaps I wish my parents were different people within themselves.

(((Hugs))) Blondie. No matter how old we get, we're still somebody's child.

alias

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I wish I had had different parents. As it is, although they are both still alive, I am an orphan.

Blondie

I hear you loud and clear Blondie. Although my father only died in 1999 I had only seen him 3 times since I was 11 yrs old and even that was too often. (((Blondie))) As for my still living mother - it was such a huge hurt when I finally realized her true nature and inability to love her children - all 5 of us. She always led us to believe she was the good parent. It was easy to dismiss our father. We knew he was unbalanced. But she looked good in comparison. But then we had only him to compare her with. What a surprise to find out not all people abandoned their children over and over again.

that I was not a better parent but given my role models I know I tried. I just wish we had more info about healthy parenting back then. (and don't judge the me of today with the me I was back then. I was an emotional basket case (poor kids)
    now my disability and how that is affecting my life and affected my marriage

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit