What's Your Biggest Disappointment In Life??

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

"parents" can make ya or break you.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That I haven't won the lottery yet.
    That I am not a lazy spoiled cat who is used for studding.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Probably not the biggest ... but the one that comes into my mind right now :

Missing a kinder Party outside (organised by the school - for a kind of fare for kids) waited for it for 2 months or so ... remind my mother that it was that day at least 3 times ... The D day my mom forgot that it was the D day and as I was insisting she didn't believe me and I told her that I should go if it is just to see the kids leaving. My mom sent me anyway ... I arrived a bit late ... just to see the BUS LIVING WITH THE KIDS ! ... Et voilĂ  ... I was 7

• Sassy
    Sassy

yes, mine is related to being a witness..

I am sorry I raised my kids as witnesses... sorry that because of doing that it alienated us and will take years to repair.. but we are working on it..

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

That would be a hard question to answer. I think looking at the past has some good points it may help us to better understand ourselves. Looking at past failures and trying to plan for the future can be good perhaps i don't know for sure though. I think we make a big mistake if we start to beleive that past failures means inevitable future ones and thus letting the past dominate.

I think it is good that we don't let painful experiences dominate our mind,,we should let these painful experiences come in the mind and look at them and try to see where these experiences came from, ie.. what pushed them out of the unconscious to the conscious mind? How did they get there?

Disappointments?

What does it feel like to be disappointed? Might be a good related question too. I mean what does it really feel like?,,do you feel it in the heart, or the head?, do you grow very tired?,,do you lack a love for life?,,does everything turn black and dreary,,or can you still hear a bird chirping and enjoy it a little?,, while you are feeling this feeling of disappointment.

So If I were to say what my "BIGGEST" disappointment is I would have to have some correct way of determining what disappointment made me feel the shitiest,, this seems to be impossible at the moment to do.

• Swan
    Swan

For me too it was parents. It was a big disappointment to me that when push came to shove, their love for Jehovah's Organization was greater than their love for me. My father, an unbeliever, never baptized, even rejected me when I DAed myself, and apparently influenced my mother to do the same. My father's betrayal was bad enough, but even greater was the disappointment I feel for my mother's abandonment. All the songs my mother sang to me as a child, "You Are My Sunshine", "I Love You a Bushel and a Peck", and "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean" didn't really count for a whole hell of a lot in the end, now did it?

They say that love is the most powerful thing in the world, and that a parent's love is the strongest bond of all, but those that say that never grew up in a religious cult.

Tammy

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Not reallizing the true potential I had for realizing the dreams I had for my life sooner.

Spent most of my young adult life doing things bass-ackwards or half-assed because that was all I thought I was capable of doing. My experience with the "hovah" organization only exacerbated this situation since to belong you have to sift most every decision you make through a WT or Awake magazine or the strictest conscious in your JW social circle.

Ten years ago, after I'd made the decision to go back to school and the "brothers" and my wife were sitting there in a living room my paltry salary at the time paid for telling me that I was wasting my time and nothing would come of me trying to educate myself.....I don't know....something in me just snapped.

I've been making up lost ground, to all of their dismay, ever since..........

• minimus
    minimus

Fortunately, there are some things that we can still do---even if it's late in life.

• Dawn
    Dawn

My biggest disappointment is my childhood. There are a lot of bad memories and some deep wounds that has taken me years to heal.

I am really hurt that my family has tossed me out as being "not worthy" because I no longer want to be a member of their organization. But then again - they tossed me out as being "not worthy" even when I was a child, by abusing me or refusing to protect me from my abusers.

However - I've learned that disappointment doesn't have to be the end of it all. It's a learning experience and it CAN be used as a stepping stone instead of a road block.

As an adult, my biggest disappointment is that I did not stick up for myself sooner. It has only been in the past year or so that I've been able to tell my family to BITE ME and not feel bad about it. I should have stood up to them long ago - but now I know better. I know that I deserve to be treated better and I demand it. Yea for me!!

• minimus
    minimus

I'm still astonished by how many parents have messed up their kids. Sad. Very sad, indeed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit