A religion with nothing to Celebrate

by eyeslice 92 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Come on guys they CAN celebrate their wedding anniversary.

A$$uming they are REALLY virgins on the wedding night, it basically means that JDubs can celebrate their first ****.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Becks -

FATHERS DAY is a secular holiday signed into the statute book by Richard Nixon.

Two women for many years campaigned for a day where families could show gratitude to their father for what he had done for them and his work to support them.

They think that by spraying some liquid faeces from their mouths they prove something is wrong.

When it SUITs them its okay

wedding rings, you know the list eating bacon okay though pagans did them.

reading horoscopes transvestites WRONG (under JEWISH LAWS)

Celebrating your festival WRONG though Paul says it is okay (Col 2: 16, RO 14: 5,6)

HB

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa.."NOW! it is more about the God Santa than Jesus anymore"...................... Since when is Santa a God?.....It`s Santa Claus..Not..Santa God..LOL!!.........How many adult Christians believe in Santa God?..None that I know of..........I`m begining to think your an escaped mental patient.................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Preston - hid under your stetson.

For SHAME! How can you say that the ASSembLIEs are all the same?

Every year we have one that was even BETTER than the last? The litterature is getting better, because it is getting sooo easy to read and understand ev-er-y-thing you are supposed to think and say and do.

HB

• poppers
    poppers

I mainly don't do Christmas because IT IS a pagan festival NOW!

reniaa, because some people have turned it into a "pagan festival" doesn't obligate everyone to celebrate it that way, including you. Not everyone who celebrates Christmas does it in the pagan fashion you imagine for the rest of Christianity. You have the right to celebrate it in reverential way rather than follow anyone else's practice, including the JWs. You are a stick in the mud if you don't realize this, and that mud is WT dictates. You've bought into the party line but won't admit it. If they changed their policy this year I'd bet you'd be celebrating it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Poppers..If the WBT$ said they had New Light on Christmas....And..All good JW`s should celebrate Christmas......Reniaa would jump on the WBT$ Christmas Band Wagon,in a heartbeat!!......On the days she was a Jehovah`s Witness!....................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa

For the record in all the years I was away from the witnesses I didn't celebrate Christmas because I saw it for the worship it is. I may not have wanted to be a witness but I knew instinctively that choosing to celebrate Christmas was making a step into a new religion by taking part in it's sacred day.

Is it a crime not to celebrate Christmas? If your answer is yes even if I give my kids parties and suchlike with plenty of presents throughout the year then you have to look at why you view it as so sacred and honestly ask yourself why it is sacred to You?

Christendom views Jesus as God so they celebrate christmas as his birthday this is an acknowledgement of their God! Santa is pagan replacement for Jesus, People who are not Christians celebrate Santa in exactly the same way on the same day as Jesus. For one it is the acknowledgement he is God yet these same things do not make the other God too? Many then go on to mix the two which leads to even more confusion.

Do you tell your children if they are good Santa will get them their dream present and if they are bad santa might not?

Why don't I celebrate christmas as Jesus's birth? simple answer is that it isn't his birth, and niether did the first century christians celebrate his birthday!

You try and use an early Russell against me but this is were you become unstuck because JWs got refined beyond russels teachings by holy spirit, he was still trying to justify christmas you can see it in the wt and so it got refined. I am not a Russelite I am a witness and wt's are just imperfect documents useful for giving us spiritual food as we continue as a faith but not in the same class as the bible. thats why everything has to be justified by scripture.

As a child we were poor witnesses, so my parents not having to deal with the sheer expense of christmas meant we got a holiday in the summer I know even to this day they made the right choice. Christmas is only good for those that can afford it for the rest it shows quite clearly the the differences between rich and poor.

Someone says on here that he makes a point of ringing his father on father's day, do you ring him at other times in the year? would ringing him at another day be so terrible? it would be respecting his viewpoint and still acknowledging that he is your father? what is so special about that one day that you cannot acknowledge the other 364 days in a year that he to is a loving special father to you?

Are you saying that these celebrations are so sacred that meals, family, gift giving are somehow enhanced on these days but meaningless if done in different ways and different days as Jw's do?

You admit Santa isn't real he is nothing but a mute Idol, an image, a lie and yet nearly the whole world celebrates a day to him or we try and make it a a day to Jesus with another lie. We say this doesn't matter because even though it is a pagan celebration for many and they no longer acknowledge Jesus on it we can share this day with them!

1 Corinthians 10:18-24 (New International Version)

18 Consider the people of Israel: Do not those who eat the sacrifices participate in the altar? 19 Do I mean then that a sacrifice offered to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord's jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

23 "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive. 24 Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. How you treat christmas is a testament to what it is. If it didn't mean that much we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place and you wouldn't all be justifying it as you are doing. I accept on this we will never agree I feel as strongly about the false worship of Xmas as i do about the unbiblical trinity so my words I'm afraid are very plain. Reniaa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..There is no Santa God!..LOL!!................While Israelites were wandering around the desert chasing a frigg`n cloud..Other nations were building great cities and creating civilizations....Israelites needed rules so they would`nt shit in thier makeshift camps..And..Die of disease because of thier own stupidity...............They had nothing permanent.....Because..They were chaseing a frigg`n cloud for decades..Dumb Ass`s!!..LOL!!...............Gods own angels celebrated the birth of Jesus..If you don`t want to fine...........You cherry pick the WBT$ rules you want to follow,and ignore the rest of the WBT$ rules..Everyone here knows that..............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• beksbks
    beksbks
    As a child we were poor witnesses, so my parents not having to deal with the sheer expense of christmas meant we got a holiday in the summer I know even to this day they made the right choice. Christmas is only good for those that can afford it for the rest it shows quite clearly the the differences between rich and poor.

This is straight out of the Sunday meeting sometime in ohhhh November or early December. Every year. I was also very poor as a child. That holiday in the summer? A five day assembly.

Here is my absolute favorite Christmas story ever.

In "Little House on the Prairie," Laura tells the story of how Christmas almost missed the Ingalls family...but was saved by the strength of Pa and the devotion of family friend Mr. Edwards. Despite the rainy wet December, Mr. Edwards managed to walk all the way to Independence, where he met Santa, who sent Laura and Mary's gifts with him.
    "These new tin cups were there very own. Now they each had a cup to drink out of. Laura jumped up and down and shouted and laughed, but Mary stood still and looked with shining eyes at her own tin cup.
    "Then they plunged their hands in to the stockings again. And they pulled out two long, long sticks of candy. It was peppermint candy, striped red and white. They looked and looked at that beautiful candy, and Laura licked her stick, just one lick. But Mary was not so greedy. She didn't take even one lick of her stick.
    "Those stockings weren't empty yet. Mary and Laura pulled out two small packages. They unwrapped them, and each found a little heart-shaped cake. Over their delicate brown tops was sprinkled white sugar. The sparkling grains lay like tiny drifts of snow."
    But that wasn't all...at the bottom of each of their stockings was a bright, shiny, new penny. Mr. Edwards had forged a raging, flooding creek to bring the girls their Christmas, but was rewarded by two of the happiest girls on the prairie.
  • Mary
    Mary
    Is it a crime not to celebrate Christmas? If your answer is yes even if I give my kids parties and suchlike with plenty of presents throughout the year then you have to look at why you view it as so sacred and honestly ask yourself why it is sacred to You?

Oh for crissakes Reniaa......who on this board is trying to claim that NOT celebrating it is a "crime"?? Anyone? On the other hand, the WTS loves to make it a 'crime' if someone DOES want to celebrate it. Who cares if you get your kids gifts on other days of the year? The point being is that there is NOTHING wrong with celebrating Christmas. Only in the bizarre reasoning in Dubdumb Land is it viewed with such horror. If God felt so strongly that Christians shouldn't celebrate Jesus' birth, why isn't it condemned in the scriptures anywhere?

Do you tell your children if they are good Santa will get them their dream present and if they are bad santa might not?

Do you tell your children if they are good and obey the Governing Body members, that they'll get them their dream present of eternal life and if they're bad and don't obey everything the GB members say, they'll die the Second Death? I think that's rich that you're whining about people replacing God with Santa when the Craptower Society has replaced obeying God with obeying the Governing Body.

Why don't I celebrate christmas as Jesus's birth? simple answer is that it isn't his birth, and niether did the first century christians celebrate his birthday!

The first century Christians didn't celebrate wedding anniversaries either or tell fellow Christians that they shouldn't partake of the bread and wine while celebrating Jesus' death. By your logic, that means that no Christian today should be doing either of these yet the Witnesses do. Can you please explain the discrepancy here Reniaa?

You try and use an early Russell against me but this is were you become unstuck because JWs got refined beyond russels teachings by holy spirit,

Really? Do you have a scripture to back up this claim? If Russell's teachings weren't guided by the Holy Spirit then how exactly did Jehovah approve him? And surely you're not suggesting that Russell's teachings got "refined" by Rutherfraud. His interpretations of the scriptures was even wackier than Russell's. Real gems like: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob would be resurrected by 1925, that Prohibition was from Satan, he bought and drank illegal booze during Prohibition, he tried aligning himself with the Third Reich, lied his ass off and told millions of people that they "would never die", he had a mistress, for years had absolutely no contact with his wife and son (what a great example!)............and you call this 'refinement by Holy Spirit'?? Don't make me laugh.

wt's are just imperfect documents useful for giving us spiritual food as we continue as a faith but not in the same class as the bible. thats why everything has to be justified by scripture.

So Reniaa.....please show me a scripture where it says you can't celebrate the birth of Jesus? Or anyone's birthday. Just one scripture......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit