A religion with nothing to Celebrate

by eyeslice 92 Replies latest jw friends

• EverSoGrateful
    EverSoGrateful

I used to belong to a congregation in colorado .... and they ALWAYS had something to celebrate.....

a wedding ....have booze....

an anniversary...have booze....

before halloween they would have a costume party....everyone dress in a costume & get together for a P A R T Y !

would get the kids together and get a big cake for them , music, cake, dance, (sounds lisome ke a birthday party) but it's NOT !

I am sooo glad that I am out. I miss my family that's in, but I realize that it is a cult, and it did alot of damage to me & my relationships thru out the years....NOTHING that I can repair...but I just do my best to show how sorry I am for the things I did....

like refusing to share in family get togethers...holidays...etc...WOW..... what an eye opener once you are OUT & learn the TRUTH about them! But, I feel sorry for the ones still in, because we all know that they feel it's the right thing to do. I pray that they will someday see that it is not the right course.... so I remain....... EverSoGrateful.....

• EverSoGrateful
    EverSoGrateful

I used to belong to a congregation in colorado .... and they ALWAYS had something to celebrate.....

a wedding ....have booze....

an anniversary...have booze....

before halloween they would have a costume party....everyone dress in a costume & get together for a P A R T Y !

would get the kids together and get a big cake for them , music, cake, dance, (sounds like a birthday party) but it's NOT !

I am sooo glad that I am out. I miss my family that's in, but I realize that it is a cult, and it did a lot of damage to me & my relationships thru out the years....NOTHING that I can repair...but I just do my best to show how sorry I am for the things I did....

like refusing to share in family get togethers...holidays...etc...WOW..... what an eye opener once you are OUT & learn the TRUTH about them! But, I feel sorry for the ones still in, because we all know that they feel it's the right thing to do. I pray that they will someday see that it is not the right course.... so I remain....... EverSoGrateful.....

• sleeplessinkauai
    sleeplessinkauai

Hi all. . .can anyone please tell me why Jehovah's Witnesses CAN celebrate high school graduations. I have never understood that and would really appreciate knowing the reasoning behind that. I mean, if they don't celebrate birthdays in part because they believe they should not be puffed up with pride, why is graduation OK. Isn't graduation a ceremony to celebrate one's personal achievements and that's definitely something to be proud of.

So, please, why is it that JWs can celebrate and partake in high school graduation ceremonies?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit