• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Lugubrious.

Lemmings.

Relentless.

Kwin

• gumby
    gumby

A whole bunch of women in a car who all wear real long overcoats in the winter and park out in front of different peoples houses while only two go inside. I think their weird.

oh....and these women look like they wear yard sale jewlery.....at least the old ones do. They always look real cold too. That's all I know about them and that they don't believe in jesus.

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Village Of The Damned.

Only they aren't all children with platinum hair and scary, mesmerizing eyes. They do have mesmerized eyes, though.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

They teach that Jehovah God has always had one central organization upon this earth through which He channels all comunications to man. They claim to be that organization

.All persons must be active members of the Watchtower Society to gain God's favor and must work for their salvation. This work mainly consists of being one hundred percent in submission to all the rules and regulations ( right or wrong ) of the Watchtower Society.

I was once one of them until......

Blueblades

• vitty
    vitty

Im going to describe me, when I was in school I wasnt very academic, useless at math, slow at reading, I think I have a mild form of dyslexia, my son is dyslexic. Anyway, with all that feeling of failure and then I had postnatal depression and thought I was a failing mother, this was one thing I thought I couldnt fail at

Jehovah isnt partial and all that, I knew after 1 year I didnt have what it took, even though I believed in God and I was spirtual. So I tried, for years and years, 20 to be exact. And now Ive excepted it I lost, I failed.

I cant believe it, to admit it, I wasted 20 years trying to acheive a lie. I am a loser, thats how I feel.

I cant trust my own judgement, Where do I go from here?

But Its not just me I brought half of my family in the truth. Im sorry just having a bad day but the consequences of my stupidity are huge, my adult children are still in and I really fear being shunned.so maybe that is my description , most jws are SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Vittvin, I also was in for 20 years trying to achieve a lie, and am now paying the consequenses. We were misled, that's all. It can happen to anyone. You are not a loser! Sometimes the greatest pain is felt just before victory.

Walter

• Golf
    Golf

I 've said it a number of times, "Emotional Misfits!" Not all of course. Guest 77

• minimus
    minimus

Gumby brings out how the sisters dressed a certain "weird" way. Yes, JWs MUST even look different. The men must have the executive dweeb look and the women that are more "mature" will wear longer dresses than a wedding party.

• jb
    jb
    but they dont really harm anyone

I disargee. They harmed me.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

but they dont really harm anyone

I would also disagree with this statement. Massive harm was done to my children and and (less so) to me. Because of their "Theocratic Warfare" mindset, many lied to protect an abuser and my children were the victims. In order to protect their abuser they used massive funds from the donations to WT and it's legal department who used unfreindly litigation tactics. It's one thing to be an unfreindly litigator where business is concerned but to do so where children is concerned is more than misguided or radical - in my book it's evil.

As well we know of countless other stories where child abusers and child sexual abusers are protected to the detriment of the children. We also know that JWs are encouraged and infact expected to provide courtroom support for these abusers once again to the detriment of the children. These are not isolated incidents either. This qualifies as harm to me.

I have met many JWs who are nice people in their day to day activities but once they are called upon by WT legal for their "Theocratic Warfare" they become as hypocritical and malicious as any person without a conscience can be. Fortunately there are some who don't but they often end up being squeezed out (probabaly because they have a conscience) and harmed through shunning.

Many use deceptive tactics to recruit people and they know darn well they are not providing a full and honest disclosure of "the truth" when they do this. Like the old saying "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive". That is why often harm arises from these cult conversions through deception.

As for my opinion of the rank and file. Aside from the peodophiles and other abusers in their midst, I don't have a problem with them and think a fair amount of them are generally nice people: Brainwashed, but nice. It all comes down to whether they are willing to lie to protect their "brothers and sisters" and my experience tells me a fair amount of them (enough to make it significant and troubling) unfortunately would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit