• hillary_step
    hillary_step

liz2cool,

5'6" Tall
    Short brown hair
    Pasty faced
    Dark rimmed glasses
    Thin
    Briefcase that is larger than his abdomen.
    Tassels on his shoes.
    Able to smile while lying convincingly
    Uneducated
    In love with the sound of his own voice
    Hairless chest and ass.
    carries 4 different color highlighters in suit pocket.

I presume that this was your good-self before you became an XJW? How have you changed.

HS

Boring.

• Mary
    Mary

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.......

A group of Witnesses on stage at the summer assembly

A Witness on his way to getting baptized.

A baptized Witness

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Nos, I forgot the cleaning businesses! That's a biggie. Even I had one of those, and I wasn't an elder.

I was the most theocratically? incorrect person in my hall, and damn proud of it.

The only change I made is that I don't hide my smoking anymore.

I wonder why I never made progress? in the congregations I was in!

• minimus
    minimus

O O. When I saw Mary posting, I said , "O O"

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

A Jehovah's Witness is a person who tries very hard to be 'good' and/or look like they are 'good'.

A Jehovah's Witness is a person who lives in fear. They are afraid they are not 'good' enough, or their kids are not 'good' enough....

....And that fear keeps them running, running, running like the Energizer Bunny to be 'good-er'. (yeah, I know that isn't a word...)

A Jehovah's Witness is often a very lonely person because they can't tell anyone about feelings or thoughts that are not 'approved.'

A Jehovah's Witness is a person who thinks they are not good enough, but the rest of the world is really, really bad! This belief gives a Jehovah's Witness a comfort and feeling that at least they (the JWs) have a chance...unlike the rest of the world.

A jehovah's Witness is idealistic. A Jehovah's Witness really thinks the world would be perfect if eveybody was a JW.

A Jehovah's Witness is a true believer.

A Jehovah's Witness is a human being, out there doing the best they can, just like the rest of us.

• blondie
    blondie

Matthew 15:1-20 (People who do this)

Then there came to Jesus from Jerusalem Pharisees and scribes, saying: 2 "Why is it your disciples overstep the tradition of the men of former times? For example, they do not wash their hands when about to eat a meal."

In reply he said to them: "Why is it YOU also overstep the commandment of God because of YOUR tradition? 4 For example, God said, ?Honor your father and your mother?; and, ?Let him that reviles father or mother end up in death.? 5 But YOU say, ?Whoever says to his father or mother: "Whatever I have by which you might get benefit from me is a gift dedicated to God," 6 he must not honor his father at all.? And so YOU have made the word of God invalid because of YOUR tradition. 7 YOU hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU, when he said, 8 ?This people honors me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines.?"

1 John 3:16-18 (But not this)

By this we have come to know love, because that one surrendered his soul for us; and we are under obligation to surrender [our] souls for [our] brothers. 17 But whoever has this world?s means for supporting life and beholds his brother having need and yet shuts the door of his tender compassions upon him, in what way does the love of God remain in him? 18 Little children, let us love, neither in word nor with the tongue, but in deed and truth.
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'll describe my parents.

2 people commited to family, a hard working couple who raised their kids with love, teaching us about the god they knew, creating and maintaining a happy balanced home. there is no malice in them, old school jw's. who are confused about todays jw's and pretty much just attend a few times a year.

i cant say anything bad about them or the way i was raised. we didnt miss holidays because we were too poor to have done anything about them anyway. we studied our watchtower on sat nights for about 30 min. we went out in service on sat mornings. we had fun going fishing, gardening, playing ball.. it was like being raised in the 50s.. there ARE good people still in the org.

the kh's now are more filled with people like are described in the posts above more so than people like my parents. which is sad.

• Mary
    Mary
    Minimus said: O O. When I saw Mary posting, I said , "O O"

That's right Minimus, I knew you'd look...........resistence is futile

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

miost jw's act nice till you expose their GOD THE WT. at this point 95% of them turn into wt ZOMBIES. then will tell any lie to defend their god in crooklyn. after 10 minutes they are just wt DOPES.. jw's act just the same as moonies. they turn into DOPES. if you ask them anhy hard questions. but other wise jw's are the nicest people you will ever meet. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit