DESCRIBE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

A cult that controls its members by keeping them busy.

• minimus
    minimus

JWs are people that are mind- controlled. They will do anything the "slave" tells them too. JWs have no mind of their own. They must ask what they are supposed to do before committing. JWs are a so-called "Christian" group that still want to live under the Mosaic Law. They quote more Old Testament verses than they do New.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'm sorry .i can hate the wtbs.. i can hate the self righteous, i can hate those who are unkind and beligerent in their faith.. . but i cant hate the rank and file who are just trying to do what they think is right. i cant talk bad about their love for god. any more than i can talk about about anyones love for god.

i hope they can find their way to a better way of loving god but if they choose not to its their right and i wont hate.

all you all have said is true in some..not true in others.. same as the ones i know that are good people.. its impossible to generalize any group of people.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I became a JW because in this confusing world...I just wanted to be right. I did not want to join any religion when JWs crossed my path and I went to the library to find anything I could use against them in my fight to stay free of them...but in a small town, the only books I found were written by people who had no real arguements other than we say so... and JWs had CONviNc ED me that the bible was the way to judge rather than long standing traditions.

so against my desires I joined because I could not see that they were wrong and they had CONviNc ED they were right.

I dont think it is so much about being robotized as much as taking a stand and trying to defend it from that point forwards...even if you doubt somethings, you weigh that against the greater amount of things you do not doubt.

it takes a lot to change anyone's mind once they are CONviNc ED they have found THE TRUTH

• minimus
    minimus

"I just wanted to be right".....I think many become JWs so that they can feel superior to everyone else---be the ONLY ones that are right!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

evil

• SAHS
    SAHS

Authoritarian. You had better hope that someone like Osama bin Laden or Abu Musab al-Zarqawi never gets on board the Governing Body. Then you would probably find six million JWs bowing with their faces right down to the ground several times a day, and I think the old ?theocratic warfare? would be kicked up a wee notch.

?SAHS

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

The majority are like my Parents.Good People doing what they think is theyre best.Yes its a silly religion and some of the Teachings are down right ridiculous.Yestheres too much "us and them"of course,but they dont really harm anyone.To say they are evil is ridiculous.The majority of Witnesses ive known(and maybe on this forum?)entered the Religion with Eyes wide open,so i never really understand the hate directed towards them.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Sorta like the GB describes them but modified to fit reality.

http://www.brock.ac.uk/minisites/blacksheep/images/fleeced/cover1.jpg

• prophecor
    prophecor

Assimilated

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit