'Ray'

by WildHorses 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I loved it! I would be laughing my ass off one minute and crying the next, then tapping my feet to the beat of his music the next.

Ray didn't hold any of the truth back, even his bad points were there for all to see. And as for Jaime Foxx, he definately deserves an Oscar. Once I got into the movie, I actually thought I was watching Ray. Jaime even got Rays movements down pat.

TWO THUMBS UP!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

It's on my list as a "must see". Thanks for the review. I'll now put it at the TOP of my list.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

*wiping tears from my eyes*

Just got back from seeing Ray. Man, was it great. I saw Ray in person in the early 70's in St. Louis and it looked like the same hall he played in in the movie.

Great trip down memory lane.

I agree, Jamie Fox did a GREAT job of playing Ray.

Joy

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Joy, Everytime they showed his mom the tears came rolling. LOL I noticed the guy in the row across from me was crying as well. Even more so, since he had to blow his nose because of it. LOL

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I was amazed at how my emotions were caught up in the film.

I sat through the credits just to get my eyes dry before I walked into the bright lights of the lobby.

I want to go see that film again or get it when it comes out in DVD.

Hey WH, I know I'm a little slow on the uptake, but didn't Ray & his wife have 3 boys??? Who had the other nine children? They only showed the one mistress. I thought his wife and him had 6 kids together and he and his mistress had 6 kids, but apparently, it was more than just one mistress.

J

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL Joy, from what I got out of it, they stopped the story around the year 1979 when Georgia adopted his song as the state song. Had they included all his children being born the movie would have take another couple of hours to finish. Also, I noticed that toward the end of the movie his wife looked pregnant but they didn't show her having another child.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

We saw it together tonight but I was tough

Jst2laws

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hey Joy, I was just reading on Ray website that he had 12 children, 18 grandchildren and on great grandchild.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"he had 12 children, 18 grandchildren and on great grandchild" they said this in the credits.

bet you didn't stay that long! lol

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If the true story of "What'd I say" is anything like what they showed in the movie, it gives me chills to imagine having been in that audience!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit