What Are You All Reading?!

by Doubtfully Yours 65 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Awe ... I used to read a lot. By "a lot" I mean a lot. I'd sometimes do a book in a day or two and go back for more. I read everything that was interesting even if I didn't have any particular interest in a subject (how do you know until you read something about it?!)

Sadly, I am now limited to the odd techie manual between work and family.

I wouldn't mind re-reading Asimov's foundation series and Frank Herberts Dune series if I get chance.

• Princess
    Princess

I've just finished Lord John Grey and the Personal Matter by Diana Gabaldon.

Now I'm reading the Celestine Prophecy...and fitness magazines...always reading fitness magazines.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Princess- Did you love Lord John and the Private Matter? I had a copy of it on tape a few months back(just before it was for sale in the stores!) and I enjoyed the story no end.

Currently I'm working on:

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon (working my way through the series a second time; hey, it's been a decade since I've last read them)

Born Bad by Andrew Vachss

Scum Manifesto by Valerie Solanas

and, for a lark: A Rose in Winter by Kathleen Woodiwiss (a romance novel with unintentionally hilarious dialogue and a rather improbable premise).

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I LOVE the Kay Scarpetta series!

High 5's, SP! I also have James Patterson's "The Big Bad Wolf"

• glitter
    glitter

I am also reading "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire. Only read through the first section, but liking it so far.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Frannie-

I also have James Patterson's "The Big Bad Wolf"

You are a women after my own heart..

• Princess
    Princess
    Princess- Did you love Lord John and the Private Matter? I had a copy of it on tape a few months back(just before it was for sale in the stores!) and I enjoyed the story no end.

Yes, it was a great story...made me like Lord John more than I had in the past. Neat plot twists too...just when you think you had it figured out!

Currently I'm working on:

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon (working my way through the series a second time; hey, it's been a decade since I've last read them)

s'OK, I've read the series through Drums of Autumn twice...just decided to read Fiery Cross again in anticipation of the next book coming (hopefully) early next year.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The Red Badge of Courage - Stephen Crane

I don't read a lot, the TV wins most of the time.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I'm reading Massage for Dummies.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Sigh...

The Battle of Betazed. Star Trek books are still my guilty pleasure.

Country Guy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit