by Mulan 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

"good grief"

• jgnat
    jgnat

This one:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/79520/1.ashx

I thought I might speak up at this meeting, but the whole thing was soo snoozy I just couldn't concentrate. I noticed that the congregation really perked up when we got to the apostate part, and they were falling all over each other to provide concrete examples.

• blondie
    blondie

I predicted that some at the KH would interpret "apostate" to mean anyone who had stopped attending meetings at the KH whether they had gone to another religion or not. Inactive = apostate.

Blondie

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    Very stupid comment at the study but I can't say I'm surprised the conductor didn't correct the person. Why would they defend someone who is inactive?

Just imagine the eyebrows that would've been raised had this poor sister been corrected in front of all in the study group in defense of a no longer submitting to the org uh-"poztate".

Why.....that elder could've "stumbled" that poor sister along with any others in attendance who weren't snoozing hoping for a time when that meeting would be over.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Just remember folks, JWs define "apostate" as "stand away from". So anyone who becomes inactive or no longer practices the religion could be elligible for this definition. The Insight book says this to soften the blow:

*** it-1 p. 127 Apostasy ***

It is evident that there is a distinction between a ?falling? due to weakness and the ?falling away? that constitutes apostasy. The latter implies a definite and willful withdrawal from the path of righteousness. (1Jo 3:4-8; 5:16, 17) Whatever its apparent basis, whether intellectual, moral, or spiritual, it constitutes a rebellion against God and a rejection of his Word of truth.?2Th 2:3, 4; see MAN OF LAWLESSNESS.

Watch out for the 1-2 punch: This week in the Ministry School the #4 talk will be "How Jehovah Views Apostates." No source material is assigned and the speaker is allowed to use any JW material for the talk.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    This week in the Ministry School the #4 talk will be "How Jehovah Views Apostates." No source material is assigned and the speaker is allowed to use any JW material for the talk.

If things run true to form, they will (in many congos) assign this to the least qualified brother who, failing to prepare adequately, will wing it on Thursday night with predictable results.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    If you leave the org, den u b uh poztate.

I like it when you spell it right.

Poztate.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    This week in the Ministry School the #4 talk will be "How Jehovah Views Apostates.

Good god, they're beating that drum at every frikkin meeting anymore it seems like.

• heathen
    heathen

To them apostate means anyone that thinks differently on any of the WTBTS material .

• codeblue
    codeblue

hmmmm...upsetting comment indeed!

I am rather TIRED of judgemental comments and atttitudes.

Why didn't the elder conducting the WT study put an end to such unchristian comments?

It is an assumption that because a person is inactive they are also apostate (Blondie's point well made)

No wonder I don't miss going to the meetings anymore.

CodeBlue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit