Sunday's WT study at the local KH

by Mulan 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

That word "apostate" if publicly shown......... to me could cost me my family and wife!

The WT really is a sect/cult that breaks and divides!

• undercover
    undercover
    that is one of the best posts I have ever read. I am saving it and printing it out.

Thank you. Even a veteran ex-jw like me, when faced with dealing with family crisis/issues after awhile as I have been in the past week, need to be reminded exactly how clear the issue is, and why I cherish my freedom so much.

Much obliged. I'm giving you a standing ovation over here.

~esmeralda

Oh, gee.... you're making me blush over here

But I'm glad it helped. You're most welcome. and thank you for the ovation(takes a bow)

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I haven't been to a meeting in 10 months now (after being in for all my 50 years). It was quite a shock to many when I suddenly stopped attending. My wife however still attends regularly and is an exemplary witness.

Interestingly, after this Sunday's meesting one sister came up to her and said "and just what can we do to get your husband back to the meetings? He is such a miss." I wonder what was really going through this sister's mind - has he turned apostate or is he just weak?

My just smiled.

Eyeslice

• heathen
    heathen

I don't doubt the word apostate is applied to certain sects of religion . The bible is very clear about many people believing lies that did not originate with the christian faith . Jesus himself said that many would come in his name but prove to be ravenous wolves . Such scriptures keep me on my toes as to when and where the word is in context . The WTBTS abuses the word by insisting that any independent thought on scripture is harmful .

• amac
    amac

I hadn't been to a meeting in several months and decided to go just last Sunday just to see some friends...you can imagine how "encouraging" that WT study was for me. My congregation took it even further, implying that active JWs who say things that don't match the "pattern" of the F&DS should be avoided. I wanted to raise my hand and propose we start burning these "apostates" at a stake if they don't float when tied up and thrown in the water.

Then when they got to the part about the media, we even had one ignorant lady who commented how the Dateline show was an example and how we all "know" that we don't let predators in the cong, in fact we are the only religion that DF's for immorality. I REALLY had to bite my lip.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    Whatever its apparent basis, whether intellectual, moral, or spiritual, it constitutes a rebellion against God and a rejection of his Word of truth.

Ezekiel3, that was a very interesting quote from the IT book! That sentence alone says that it doesn't matter if we are smart enough to see the lies, or if their stand on child abuses disgusts us, or if we really wonder about that 144,000 business -- if we question it we are rebelling against God. And that's what they'll always use to back up any well-reasoned arguments we might put forth. Doesn't matter. You're still apostate.

Wear the name proudly!

Nina

• garybuss
    garybuss

"So Friends, hypothetically, and I repeat hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, "Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!", Yes even if it were one of Jehovah's angels." Minute 23, Beware Of The Voice Of Strangers, District Convention Of Jehovah's Witnesses, Selkirk, Manitoba, July 12, 2003

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!", Yes even if it were one of Jehovah's angels."
    Garybus - that is a PERFECT example of dangerous mind control !

• lawrence
    lawrence

garybuss-

Excellent! If it doesn't fit the pattern... In the realm of computer science and system architecture for years we have delved in "anti patterns." These suckers sure have a few to enter into the mix.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Wouldn't a message delivered by one of Jehovah's angles be considered inspired by any reasonable person? Or am I way off the mark with that?

If a message from one of Jehovah's angles is not to be listened to unless it agrees with the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation, wouldn't that be backwards?

Don't the Witness people listen to these talks? Do they actually swallow this kind of information?

Anybody notice they didn't supply a proof text for that one? "-) GaryB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit