Sunday's WT study at the local KH

by Mulan 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Why didn't the elder conducting the WT study put an end to such unchristian comments?

Because they agree with the comment.

• heathen
    heathen

because they are idiots ............ That is a pretty rotten way to attack somebody . The person who said that should not be allowed to answer questions until they apologize ..... ohhhhhh yeah that's not really a punishment now is it ....LOL

• Mulan
    Mulan
    The person who said that should not be allowed to answer questions until they apologize

She is an elderly sister that has known me since I was 5 years old. What does that say?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    She is an elderly sister that has known me since I was 5 years old. What does that say?

That conditioning trumps real relationships nine times out of ten.

And to think these meetings are supposed to "incite to love and fine works" and the Scriptures are supposed to be "beneficial"... What good does this crap do anybody?

CZAR

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I am assigned to that talk tonight, and I have used a couple of WT as background, where it is stated that apostates are those who turn away from Jesus, either thru denying that he ever lived, or thru denying that he was the Christ or Messiah and thus our ransom. So I will make a clear distinction, as does the article I use, between on the one side those disappearing, not attending meetings, waying they are not planning to come back, not wanting any association etc. - and on the other side those rejecting Jesus as the Christ. 2nd epistle of John verses 7 thru 11 is what I am going to use.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    "There have been elders, pioneers, former Bethelites and others who fell out of the truth. They haven't gone to other religions, and may not be disfellowshipped, but that doesn't mean they aren't apostates. We shouldn't have anything to do with them."

"Good comment Sister Stupid"

We'd be kidding ourselves to think we weren't being spoken about and maligned behind our backs, so to speak.

Ever heard of

"The King is dead.

Long Live the King!"

It'll happen in politics and any association of people that has ranks etc.

If we worry about it, we show they still have a mental charge over us.

• heathen
    heathen

Good points all around there . IMO there is a huge difference between the elder possition and being a ministerial servant within the WTBTS . Elders are accountable for public speaking and are in charge of all the important decisions in the congregation , so for them to associate with members that have strayed from the way is far more distracting than if some lowly sister who helped raise some kid continues to have contact with them . This really is insane the way they deal with these types of situations , like you can be guilty of thought crime or something rather than just trying to be a good example to those who have doubts . They do continue to put burdens on women that cannot be scriptually supported .

• undercover
    undercover

The definition of the word "apostate" is very simple: "One who has abandoned one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause."

So whether one leaves the JWs because they disagree with the teachings or they leave because they just can't cope then, by definition, they are apostate. Whether we disagree with them or not, whether we vocalize it or not, whether we care or not, it doesn't matter, we're apostate. So is one who leaves the Republican party. Whether or not he joins the Democratic party doesn't matter. If he left the party, he is apostate.
    To the average non-JW person, the word really doesn't mean anything. It's irrelevant to most people. It's just a word.

However, the WTS has taken this word, redefined and bastardized it until the true meaning of the word is completely lost. They have turned it into a buzzword that all JWs when hearing or seeing it, feel instant fear and loathing.
    These articles are an excellent example of how they manipulate words and their meanings, how they manipulate the thinking and reasoning of their followers. Any logical, thinking person, not brain-washed by their tactics can see right through it. Unfortunately, they have enough brain-washed followers that hang on every word and treat those words as if from God himself that those of us who wish to leave feel the wrath and loathing of such manipulated people. We become victim to their witchhunts. But I refuse to be a victim.

I, for one, don't care what they call me. Call me apostate, call me weak, call me ungrateful, call me stupid, I don't care. I have finally awakened from a long nightmare known as Jehovah's Witnesses and realize now that they are a cult and I am free of it and will live my life on my terms and not those of a controlling, mind-warping, brain-washing cult. They have no power over me. I don't care what they think of me or what they tell others about me. Do your worst. I am free.

• Fleur
    Fleur
    The definition of the word "apostate" is very simple: "One who has abandoned one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause."

So whether one leaves the JWs because they disagree with the teachings or they leave because they just can't cope then, by definition, they are apostate. Whether we disagree with them or not, whether we vocalize it or not, whether we care or not, it doesn't matter, we're apostate. So is one who leaves the Republican party. Whether or not he joins the Democratic party doesn't matter. If he left the party, he is apostate.
    To the average non-JW person, the word really doesn't mean anything. It's irrelevant to most people. It's just a word. However, the WTS has taken this word, redefined and bastardized it until the true meaning of the word is completely lost. They have turned it into a buzzword that all JWs when hearing or seeing it, feel instant fear and loathing.
    These articles are an excellent example of how they manipulate words and their meanings, how they manipulate the thinking and reasoning of their followers. Any logical, thinking person, not brain-washed by their tactics can see right through it. Unfortunately, they have enough brain-washed followers that hang on every word and treat those words as if from God himself that those of us who wish to leave feel the wrath and loathing of such manipulated people. We become victim to their witchhunts. But I refuse to be a victim.

I, for one, don't care what they call me. Call me apostate, call me weak, call me ungrateful, call me stupid, I don't care. I have finally awakened from a long nightmare known as Jehovah's Witnesses and realize now that they are a cult and I am free of it and will live my life on my terms and not those of a controlling, mind-warping, brain-washing cult. They have no power over me. I don't care what they think of me or what they tell others about me. Do your worst. I am free.

Undercover, that is one of the best posts I have ever read. I am saving it and printing it out.

Thank you. Even a veteran ex-jw like me, when faced with dealing with family crisis/issues after awhile as I have been in the past week, need to be reminded exactly how clear the issue is, and why I cherish my freedom so much.

Much obliged. I'm giving you a standing ovation over here.

~esmeralda

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

It seems the way of a dying cult. As adherents become ever more suspicious and paranoid the scarlet "A" of apostate will be painted on a wider range of people.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit