What Do You Do Now ----That You Would Never Have Done As A Witness?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I actually go to church and pray...and I BELIEVE in it!

Me too!

Oh, and I vote too.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

We celebrate birthdays with gifts & cake.

We have fun on weekends and don't feel guilty.

We travel around as roadies for our son's rock band ( www.treeofwoeband.com ) and sit in smoky bars and drink beer and other alcoholic beverages (but I guess most JW's do that anyway...the alcohol thing).

I got two tattoo's and I LOVE THEM.

I told them to give me blood if I needed it when I recently had my knee replaced.

Blondie: I have used the F word and sometimes it feels good because it is usually in relation to some elder I see lurking around town.

I treat everyone I meet with the respect they deserve as human beings and not as poor, doomed & not-worthy-of-the-new-system scum. I love people now more than I ever did as a JW.

I use my middle finger whenever I pass the local (or any) KH.

I read any and all anti-JW literature I can get my hands on.

I celebrate being FREE every day and am most thankful for this time in my life.

I've got a lot of catching up to do having wasted over 40 years of my life. But as they say...the best revenge is being happy.

P.S. I don't think I believe in God. OH MY GOD!!! (Yup...I say that too! Shocked )

alt

Cathy L.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Honestly consider scientific theories such as evolution and say, "Yeah, that's pretty well right on," and not feel terribly guilty for seeing it as it is.

SNG

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Enjoy my life.

• alias
    alias
    Enjoy my life.

Ditto.

Plus have time to actually pursue a life!

alias

• Purza
    Purza

I registered to vote today. AND. . . I didn't even feel guilty.

Purza

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Vote and help supervise elections.

Stand for the national anthem and salute the flag.

Serve on a juries.

Finished my education and got my degree.

Celebrate Holidays and birthdays.

Go to Mass.

Got engaged to a Russian Orthodox woman and we often spend the weekends together unchaperoned.

Visit "Apostate" sites.

Guess thats about it since I never had a desire to smoke, do drugs, or use profanity.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Anything with an "ation" at the end. ie; fornication, masturbation, copulation, etc....

• harleyquinn
    harleyquinn

smoke...vote...curse...lived with a nice jewish boy before marrying him, divorced said nice jewish boy and then lived with and married a nicer jewish boy...go to temples, synagogues, churches and other non-kh places...celebrate birthdays...celebrate halloween....do charity work for aids-related organizations...watch rated r and nc-17 movies....listen to whatever kind of music i want to...exercise the right to choose what i do with my body...educate myself...read whatever types of books i like...sing along to gospel music...go to comic conventions...sleep in on sundays...and am completely honest and open about who i am without having to fit myself into somebody else's idea of who i should be...

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Well, I bought myself a two-door car. I listen to worldly music. I date a worldly man...without a chaperone!! Sometimes, I confess, I even let him kiss me on the lips. I went to college, and I proudly attended my graduation. I cuss, I'm materialistic, I'm a feminist, I refer to my creator as "She", I told an elder that he had no earthly or heavenly authority over me, I registered to vote, I organize charity fundraisers, hang out in bars, play the lottery, hang out at apostate websites...

Good thing I don't believe in Armageddon anymore, or I'd be bumming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit