What Do You Do Now ----That You Would Never Have Done As A Witness?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Has your behaviour changed that much that you are doing things that you would never have done as a Witness???

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

Cussing, drinking, smoking, partying...

oh wait...that I would never of done as a witness...my bad...

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Lots!

3 divorces. 2 lived with before marriage. Living with spousal unit without the "benefit" of wed-"lock" and won't marry him because I believe in 3 strikes.

Used to drink excessively, but that's a JW thing, too. I smoke occasionally. Did a few drugs. Partied and raised hell when I was younger, including one-night-stands (hey, sex outside of a JW marriage was/is great!). Gamble on occasion. Swear as bad as my dad does (He was elder and JC) actually worse. Used to race sailboats. Play the lottery. Didn't have children, and used birth control. I have statues of Buddha and Kwan Yin, and Kev has a poi pounder that is very phallic and sits in a prominent place in display (It still has breadfruit stuck on it, he got it in the Marquesas)

I donate and buy from GoodWill, Salvation Army, etc. I drink Coke.

I went to AA for many years. I've been to church services and monastaries. I studied native american spirituality, and participated in many ceremonies (the way of the pipe, not the way of peyote. And no, indian pipe tobacco does not contain marijuana). I explored Wicca. And sought other forms of healing including soul retrieval and transitional hypnosis.

Gosh, I'm really a bad influence! Hee hee hee hee

Hugs

Brenda

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Before, as a most faithful Witness I'd have never come lurking and much less posting on websites such as this one!

I mingle a whole lot with 'worldly' people, and say expression such as 'bless you!' when someone sneezes.

DY

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Yeah the bless you when people sneeze I never would've done. I lived with my wife before getting married about a year, I don't think I could've gotten away with that as a witness. I frequent christian shops to buy overly christian things to put on my desk at work and laugh at during the day, I probably wouldn't be doing that as a witness. I laugh at everything and have a good time during the day, which I wouldn't have done as a witness, on cold Saturday mornings I stay in bed. Tuesday nights I watch Queer Eye for the Straight Guy which I would've been at the meeting for and probably wouldn't be allowed to watch anyway. Sundays I go to training which I wouldn't be able to do because I would be at the meetings. I'm voting in the next election and actually pondering running for office, which I never would've done as a witness.

• franklin J
    franklin J

In hindsight; I found myself to become a thinking; rationale individual as I got further and further from the beliefs and influences of Jehovahs Witnesses.

I learned that there is good and bad in all people. The difference is that not all "wordley" ( non JW) people are bad. To the contrary; most are open minded and looking for the same things in life as the rest of us. UNLIKE the JWs in our lives; most wordly folks do not fool themselves.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Franklin: You speak for many of us. Nice words.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I laff at funny jokes, Especially the naughty ones, cuss and smoke....smokin' is my one vice...not bad when ya consider it could be gettin' drunk or gamblin'.....tho I do like to visit the "boats" occasionally and throw 20 or 30 bucks away on the slots...heh

ANNNND....I wear pants ALLA time! Nobody's gonna tell me to wear a dress again!

Frannie

• Corvin
    Corvin

BREATH!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- Fart out loud during the meetings
    - Shit in a KH toilet and not flush it
    - Chow on some McDonalds during the public talk
    - Graffiti on the toilet stall:
    I was a JW, now I'm not
    So I'll take a shit and clog this pot
    Keep your eyes on the prize
    When you flush, the water will rise
    An overflow there will be
    Now you can drink life's water free
    - Belch the Kingdom Melodies
    - Hang pictures of me on the bulletin board
    - Put Monopoly money in the Contribution Boxes
    - Put Condoms in the Contribution Boxes
    - Greet everyone in the hall with "how's it hangin'?"
    - Flush Watchtowers down the toilet
    - Place a whopee cushion on the chair in front of me during the prayer
    - Answer every question at the WT Study with "Jehovah"
    - After someone answers a question at the WT Study, say loudly "F#$%!! I got that one wrong!!"
    - Put tracts in the Contribution Boxes
    - Go into the coat room and move everyone's coats to different spots
    - Place "I owe you" notes in the Contribution Boxes
    - After the meeting, tell everyone "That was a good talk you did!"

.....oh wait, I thought the topic was "What would you do now that you wouldn't have as a JW"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit