COFFFFFEEEEE!!!!!!

by Soledad 37 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I love coffee, strong and black, and not the flavored stuff. I never liked Starbucks. Their coffee tastes like they don't clean the machines often enough.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Coffee, coffee, coffee! Love it, love it, love it on lazy weekend mornings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milk and 1 sugar please!

DY

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

since half a year I am hooked on "Senseo Crema" a new way to make coffee (in 5 seconds - every cup fresh)

I do have a normal coffee machine (which I only use when I have lots of visitors) for a whole can at once.

That Italian percolator was in use at my parents home (and shortly at my daughters too) but - as I say - nothing is better then coffee with cream "Senseo Crema"

http://www.epinions.com/content_82633461380

The Dutch pages:

http://www.senseo.nl/senseo.asp?rnd=10%2F12%2F2004+4%3A57%3A38+PM

and no, I don't hold shares........... wish I had the money..........

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ugh, I don't like Starbucks - they over-roast their beans! But I do appreciate what they have done for raising the consciousness and quality of coffee!

Weekdays it's F*****s instant. Too lazy to grind and brew (french press, and an elect teapot). On Weekends.... THAT is when the good stuff comes out. Memo's Cafe(pronounced May-moe's) from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Beans from Oaxaca and Chiapas. Med-Dark roast. YUM! Pure coffee heaven. (Memo's Pancake House in old-town PV - great US style breakfasts and wonderful pancakes and waffles! Just a block or so from Posada Roger.)

The only problem is that you have to go to Mexico to get it, and we're almost out! $2000 for 2 people for a trip to PV just to buy a $5.00 1/2 Kilo (1.1lbs) bag of coffee is a little expensive for a commute to a specialty store.

"Hey, Kevan, we're almost out of coffee, time to go to Mexico!"

Sippin my F*****s

Brenda

PS - anyone going to PV this winter? We'll advance or reimburse you for 10lbs of coffee.

blcloutier at yahoo dot com

• bebu
    bebu

Hey Brenda:

http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.greencoffee.mvc.shtml

Buy some green oaxaca beans at less than $5 a pound, and roast them yourself... and you'll always have freshly roasted coffee available for a long time (green beans keep easily for 1-2 years, vs. pre-roasted beans which are at their best for only about 1-2 weeks tops). Look into sweetmaria's roasting equipment... there are many ways to roast coffee, and it's not expensive at all to do.

You'll save the $$ for a trip, you'll have better coffee as well.

bebu

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Ugh, I don't like Starbucks

We even have Starbucks in the UK ... Compared to what is usually served up here, tastes wonderful to me

I must go and make a drink

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

When I was in the UK, Starbucks saved me. hehe

I love coffee. I'm actually working on a document "The Tao of Coffee" with a friend. If it's ever done I'll share.

My fiancé is allergic to coffee. Sadness. (However, more for me! Yay!)

The funniest thing is I've actually taught him Starbucks lingo (so he can order his hot chocolate when he gets my coffee...hehe)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    You'll save the $$ for a trip

Bebu, you missed the point. I love going to Mexico, and running out of excellent coffee is as good an excuse as any.

BTW Tx for the link to SweetMarias. Checking it out now.

Hugs

Bren

"Bebu" - is that "indian" for father? Seem's like Gandhi was called that by his friends.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The stuff runs through my veins

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Note the avatar!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit