Mum passed away two weeks ago

by acsot 33 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

((((ascot))))

So, sorry guys, but I have no horror stories to tell about how incredibly awful and coldhearted the JWs were.

What a pleasant change
    I'm glad a hard day wasn't made more difficult.

That's when it really hit home to me what a teeny, small, insular world JWs live in.

It's all too easy to lose sight of that, when it loomed so large in our vision for so long, huh?
    Remembering things like the fact that the Mormons (another small fringe cult) being twice the size of the JW's helps put things in perspective, methinks.
    Most folks couldn't give two hoots about their beliefs, if they've even heard of them at all...

Hopefully every day will get a little easier, though anniversaries can be a bit of a b*tch.
    Take care.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I'm sorry about your mom's passing away.

Its nice to see how a good person can bring out the good in others and that the service wasn't an additional hurt.

"To live in the hearts of those left behind is not to die."

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

{{{ascot}}}

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Even when we're "preprared" for a death, it still doesn't lessen the pain you must be feeling.

I'm glad you have no horror stories about the funeral. That is not the day to have any.

My condolences

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

((((acsot))))

my sympathy

• acsot
    acsot

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

I think what helped make the funeral not too horrendous was the time squeeze we were in, the fact that it wasn't at the Kingdumb Hall and that it was an elder from my mum's former congregation and it was very last minute. My brother had only a few days here so we had to scramble to get things organized in time for him to attend. There were also so many non-JWs in attendance with quite a variety of beliefs - included in the people from work and family members there were Muslim, Jewish, agnostic, atheist and almost-Buddhist representatives. So I guess the dubs weren't quite sure what the hell to do or say .

Lee, I hope to see you soon.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Ascot so sorry about your loss dear. My thoughts are with you.

I just attended my uncle's funeral yesterday. He died Saturday morning after a long battle with leukemia.

• acsot
    acsot

((Soledad))

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Cancer is horrible.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm sorry to hear about your mom Ascot.

((((Ascot))))

alt

• Soledad
    Soledad

Thank you Ascot. I was so fortunate enough to say goodbye and tell him how much I loved him. I know that he and your mom are in no more pain, and that comforts me.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Much sympathy (((Ascot)))

I am glad to hear that the funeral went well. I do agree with you, why do they have to turn it into a "preaching event"? It should be about the person who died not a converting session for a religion.

Yes, it will take you a while to come to terms with that day. Know that we are here for ya!

I have lost both my parents...pm me if you need to talk.

Hugs,

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit