Mum passed away two weeks ago

by acsot 33 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot
    It's too bad the JWs weren't more of a support when your mother was alive.

Blondie, you got that right! In hindsight, though, their lack of support helped me a lot in that I had just recently started to disconnect from the borg; mum got to have Thanksgiving, Mother's Day, her birthday, etc. during her last year of life so things were good as far as that goes.

• mouthy
    mouthy

So sorry to hear of your loss..... But I personally feel she is better off- Your the one that has to cope with feelings. Just think of the happy times you spent with her.

So glad to hear the friends that went to the funeral didnt HEAR!!! the trash they teach....Dont bad mouth them( the JWS) Otherwise it may inspire them ( your friends) to listen again to them----We dont want anymore blind eyes....

Remember also....NO ONE knows the final outcome!!!! We may think we do!!!!You may see her again.... I believe there will be LOTS!!!! LOTS!!!! of surprises for us all. (((((HUGS))))

• acsot
    acsot

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm not on the board as much as before (the boss expects me to work for a living!), but I try and read what I can when I can. The good wishes mean a lot.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

(((((Ascot))))),

Sad to hear about the loss of your mother. May good memories of her provide you some comfort.

DY

• Scully
    Scully

((((( Acsot )))))

Thinking of you.

Love, Scully

• Satanus
    Satanus

Life comes and life goes. We don't know for sure where it goes. Sorry to hear that. (ac)

S

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((Ascot))) ...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((Acsot )))

I can understand the range of feelings. There is so much to deal with - the past, the present and a bit of the future. It does sound like things with the JWs were not too difficult and for that I am thankfuly that you didn't have a hard time with them. Funerals can be difficult in the easiest of situations. Glad this wasn't a breaking point for you

Make sure you find time to grieve and time for you to move on. So much of your life has been taken up with your mother's concerns that you may find you are at a loss at times. Rest when you need it and persue your own life and goals as you are ready to take them on.

Hope to see you soon

Lee

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry to hear about your loss and good to hear that the funeral was how it should be.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Heartfelt condolences ((((acsot))))

That's when it really hit home to me what a teeny, small, insular world JWs live in.

Very helpful observation, which also helps keeping things in perspective from an xJW standpoint.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit