Lawnmowers... what is your oppinion???

by Elsewhere 52 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

My mower and edger are both gas-powered. The mower is a Ryobi I picked up at Costco when I bought my house in 2001. Has a Briggs & Straton motor and still runs fine. The mower is not self-propelled and I have no trouble pushing it around. It's sort of a form of exercise. :-P

The edger is a John Deere that I bought at Home Depot. It takes different attachments.. one has the nylon string and another attachment makes it very easy to edge the side of the driveway and sidewalks.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I love the idea of the electric Flymo hover mower, but after shopping around on Froogle and Yahoo Shopping it looks like it is hard to find in the US.

If I were to order one of these from overseas, would I have to be worried about the electric plug that it uses?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Flymo is made by electrolux. Maybe if you call them in the usa? http://www.electrolux.com/node406.asp

S

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Thanks! I just sent them my questions.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They never responded to my email, so I called today. They said that they don't sell the Flymo in the US because some authority in the US has deemed it to be unsafe because of how fast the blades rotate.

Sounds like BS to me.

As far as I can tell, if I were to order on from overseas I would end up having to get a special electric adapter. The rep I spoke to on the phone also said that I would have trouble getting parts.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hmmm. A weapon of mass mowing?? Where can i get one?

S

• kls
    kls

Elsewhere it is so simple . Get a goat , no cords no gas and they keep on going,,,,,,That is my opinion: ))

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I have used both over the last 28 years. When I ventured out on my own I specifically purchased a gas mower rejecting the electric type I used as a youth on my parents lawn for the reason that I was too lazy to deal with the inconvenience of navigating around trees with a cord. It requires more time and patience. When the gas mower expired I rediscovered electric mowers for the reasons of less maintenance, noise and pollution. I now use a Black and Decker electric mower. It weighs less than a gas mower - much less. It is self mulching but not self propelled. The cord is an inconvenience but a only a minor one. Since I require using it for the trimmer and blower as well, it is convenient that it is already out ready to use after the mowing is completed. With so many trees for you to navigate you may find a great deal of frustration in avoiding getting tangled or accidentally mowing over the cord.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    I just love to see him running with the mower!)

Had to laugh at that one. That's my son. Sooner he gets the grass cut, sooner he gets out skateboarding.

• Special K
    Special K

I know what you mean XJW

We have a ride on lawn mower and an acre of mowing.

When one of our teenage sons does the lawn, I've looked out the window at them and wondered if they were competing in the Indianapolis(sp?) 500 car race.

On occasion, I've had to holler out the window and wave the yellow flag...

When they are mowing like that I feel it's more of "ripping" the grass off rather than cutting it.

lol

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit