Lawnmowers... what is your oppinion???

by Elsewhere 52 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I had an electric for about ten years, then I bought a gas mower, which I have had for about ten years.

The electrics are a pain in the ass because of the cord.

The gas mowers are a pain in the ass because you need to buy and store gas. It can be smelly and inconvenient, and the first time you start them in the spring can take a bit of work. But, it is more powerful, so the grass shoots into the bag better, so the bag doesn't clog up as easily. In either case, the pushing is no problem.

Both types are a pain in the ass, because you have to mow the lawn.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

THE BEST MOWER EVER, IS SOMEONE ELSES MOWER. LIKE YOUR NEIGHBOR OR EVEN YOUR RELATIVES THAT SHUN YOU.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR IT OR ITS UPKEEP.

ACTUALLY FOR A SMALL LAWN I WOULD GO FOR THE NEWER ELECTRIC. THE BLADE IS THE ONLY UPKEEP AND THEY ARE LIGHT AND EASY TO USE.

WE HAVE A HUGE LAWN SO I GOT A RIDING 18 HP SEARS MOWER. IT IS GOOD AND IT IS EASY BUT IT IS SPENDY AND THERE IS A LOT OF UPKEEP.

Outoftheort

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol... there ya go... a remote-controlled lawnmower! I saw some of those Friendly Robotics lawn mowers that drive themselves but I'm not about to drop $699 for one!

• Satanus
  • RR
    RR

This works for me :

• Mulan
    Mulan
    That's it! That's what my dad bought. I believe it was called a...."Flymow"

Yeah................it sucked! You weren't supposed to have to rake or use a grass catcher because it pulverized everything. That was a mistake. Raking was very necessary and there was no way a catcher could be used, so the kids had to rake our huge yard. It was a waste of money.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

RR-- I tried your method... the input is real economical, the output tolerable but the maintainance is stupendeous.

Else... for a little lawn I'd buy a el cheapo 22" walk behind... and I like the ones with big wheels on the back...easier to turn. Small yard like yours --- a self propelled is overkill... The electrics are weak kneed... and the cord is a pain.

I recomend a el cheapo... the features on more spendy ones are OK but all you really need is a Briggs&Stratton and a blade...Keep the oil changed, put a new plug in it every year and put a little gas preservative in the tank in the fall... it will last for years. My elcheapo Kmart walk behind is still going strong after 10 years with minimal care. Not bad for $100 bucks or so during the fall sale ........

----------Hill

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ok then, how about a goat? They pick up the grass.

S

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Satanus--- For a single guy like Elsewere sheep are better... he could ...ah, "multitask".......... goats are kinda hard to deal with.

Else... if you go for the sheep- tall rubber boots are a must... helps hold the back legs still so they dont kick so much.

---------Hill (any thing to help class)

• IronGland
    IronGland

One should not worry about the speculations of men regarding lawnmowers. Mowing the lawn may even have a pagan origin! The babylonians were famous in ancient times for their hanging gardens. They tried to bring nature under their own control, something only God can do. Would it be proper to imitate these pagans by trying to bring your lawn under control? Certainly not! There have even been reports of men being attacked by bees or having heatstroke when engaging in these practices! In these final days before har-mageddon a wise christian will spend their time bearing Witness to Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit