How much harm have you caused your congregation?

by Joker10 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin
    How many people did you hurt? For a moment, let's stop talking about them.. Let's talk how bitchy we were and how we didn't have a heart. Just this time. Shall we?

Well, champ, I destroyed everyone's life in the congregation by covertly smoking cigarettes. I been out for 14 years and steering clear of those in the congregation. However, if you read my latest posts, you will see I am making up for lost time.

Your question offends me.

Corvin

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well I'm pretty much the same now as I was then. I try to help people now and I did the same back then.

I never studied with anyone and never "brought someone in"

I suppose the greatest harm was done to my children by bringing them up as long as I did as a JW.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Your question offends me.

Corvin

Yes, it's rather like asking an abused child how much he/she harmed his/her abusive parent(s).

• Corvin
    Corvin
    lol... yes... I remember that too. Every congregation I went to had everyone running around getting involved in all sorts of get-rich-quick schemes, miracle cures, herbs, "natural" therapies, organic food, acupressure, reflexology, Amway... you name it they were doing it.

Ha ha ha, Derick Barefoot's mom was running around our congregation trying to sell everyone water filters. She tried to get me into "sponsoring into the company" to become a distributor and make lots of money. She was a nice lady, but very annoying.

Oh yes, now I remember some harm I caused a young sister. We were 17 and newly baptized. I would sneak over to her apartment in the morning after her mom went to work. We played and we played and we had so much fun on cold winter mornings curled up in her soft bed talking and laughing, making out, showering and stuff. The things we did made her toes curl and her eyelids flutter. What harm did I cause her? None. But I caused much harm to the brother she eventually married. You see, she later told me that after spending so much time with me, she throws rocks at her husband whenever he comes near her. Sorry Jason

Corvin

• Joker10
    Joker10

Hi, SNG. You made dicisions, and like you feel, it's sad how things turned out to be. You regret things and I am glad you are now attempting to better yourself.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Yes, it's rather like asking an abused child how much he/she harmed his/her abusive parent(s).

Ouch. You hit a sore spot. I get pretty pissed off when people tell me "Your parents clothed you, fed you, and kept a roof over your head. You are forever in debt to them". Personally, I'm surprised I'm still alive. My parents are incredibly confused because I won't call for long periods of time. They are people I have nothing in common with. Because of the lies that I've been told about my childhood, we don't even have the past in common.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Ouch. You hit a sore spot. I get pretty pissed off when people tell me "Your parents clothed you, fed you, and kept a roof over your head. You are forever in debt to them".

((((((((Nosferatu)))))))) I understand exactly what you are saying here. My grandmother had the nerve to tell me that my siblings and I were "terrible children!" Well, yeah, I don't think beating children to the point of drawing blood, screaming at them 24/7, menacing and grounding them constantly for nearly nothing and sexually abusing some of them encourages perfect behavior. Duh!

We were completely blamed for our less than normal behavior. We were horrible children.Actually we were pretty damn good considering. We were bright and beautiful and have turned out alright in spite of the abuse and emotional neglect.

I view the org and their Jehovah God like great big, bully abusive parents. I mean that in the extreme. They are no better than abusive parents and they cause untold harm to children and adults. Adults who sincerely want a peaceful world and a brother/sisterhood of humankind. They take advantage of that pure desire. That's unconscionable!

• shamus
    shamus
    You made dicisions

Which again confirms my belief that this Joker person is none other than:

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

You know, I had a few paragraphs started in response and then I realized. You really don't give a damn about the answers, and you'll turn a deaf ear to it anyway. Your mind is made up, you've lumped us all together regardless of our individual heart conditions and circumstances, you've judged us using the tools you choose whether they're fair or not. By the tone of your comments and question you already believe what you want and will continue to do so in the midst of trying to wind up the people here. All I can say is that if there is a God, I hope he's less ridiculous in his activity than some that claim to follow him (and that is non-denominational).

You are, however, doing a great job of reinforcing everything I've come to learn and feel about the superior attitude, judgemental nature, and unloving ways of many JWs, people close and distant to me included in that. Please note I'm not bashing them in total; I'm sure there are some very sincere and loving ones. Just like every other religion.

That's probably the part that hurts the most...that it is really just another religion...imperfect and not necessarily right. And quite frankly, not worth any more of my time.

• kls
    kls

Cerise, Thankyou for speaking my mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit