They just announced the 2nd USA hostage has been executed

by Brummie 43 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

The Iraqi government says the women will be released. The Americans have said that they won't (but haven't charged them with anything).

Who is supposed to be in charge? What a sham.

I can imagine them knowing that the women are innocent and that two people will be executed if they are not released and not releasing them because it will look like they have given in.

Better that innocent people die and others kept locked up so that the administration can "look tough" eh?

• Gozz
    Gozz

So the Americans have detained two scientists for devoloping stuff for WMD? How stupidly asinine; and they claim the hostage takers have no point? When the West comes to the realization that the policy of zero negotiation with hostage takers is as callous as their grandstanding on issues of "right" and "wrong", may be we'll have a chance of curbing terrorism. So the hostage takers have no point, eh? You detain two smart lady scientists without charge, for how long? All Iraqis are hostages on their own sovereign land; 3000 Americans killed on Sept 11, another 1000 or so dead in Bush's war, and how many Iraqis dead? 15000, 20000? - civilians, men, women, and children? Next time you hear that hostage takers, particularly in Iraq, have no point and shouldn't be listened to or 'negotiated' with, remember hypocricy.

• Angharad
    Angharad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3682246.stm

So yesterday there was no evidence to charge them with and one may be released, and suddenly today they won't be

The government saying we cannot negotiate with terrorists. How many years did the UK government spend negotiating with the IRA for a ceasefire. They will negotiate when it suits, but they are a puppet to the US administration on this one.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

For the record, I'm silent, not because I have stopped thinking, writing, or supporting this, it's just that I'm tired of the same old defeatist rhetoric being slung around like panacaea when it's just more hippie hemp-based hoopla. I think that the positions have hardened enough, we all know where we stand, and that's the end of it. I'm just posting my sympathies to the families, and that's it.

CZAR

• Realist
    Realist

@ brummie

if i am not greatly mistaken blair has - against the will of his people - invaded iraq. he based this decision on absurd lies about hussein and the threat posed by WMDs. Blair just like bush should be put on trial and made pay for this desaster.

@ blindfold

these nutcases were released by the senseless attack on iraq. hussein was keeping exactly these people under control.

@ avishai

what has the US done in the conflicts you mentioned? jack shit as well! (except for bosina were the whole world waited to finally do something)

what did the US do about hussein fighting against the kurds? the US SUPPORTED hussein at that time!
    besides...what would the US do if the native americans would start to fight again for their land? i doubt the US would handle this much more civilized than hussein did with the kurdish seperatists.

and finally...would it not have been better to continue the weapons inspections and to go back to normal terms with hussein?

• Brummie
    Brummie

I agree Iraq is a mess and Blair is responsible for the part he played.

However, he cannot negotiate with these murderers, our government negotiated with the IRA in order to bend their political agenda so that an agreement could be reached. However, the current murderers have only one agenda, to kill the infidels and destroy the western way of life. How can these people be negotiated with? They cant. They knew they couldnt get away with it with Bush so they just quickly beheaded the Americans, they are playing Blair as a pawn. I dont for one minute belief these monsters are looking for an honest solution, as Teejay said earlier, there will be more beheadings.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    For the record, I'm silent, not because I have stopped thinking, writing, or supporting this, it's just that I'm tired of the same old defeatist rhetoric being slung around like panacaea when it's just more hippie hemp-based hoopla. I think that the positions have hardened enough, we all know where we stand, and that's the end of it. I'm just posting my sympathies to the families, and that's it.

CZAR

Amen and Ditto. Rev

• Realist
    Realist

brummie,

these are two saperated issues. one is that bush and blair have to be held responsible. that these two criminals are allowed to stay in office shows how weak the concept of democracy is in reality.

the second issue is the killers in iraq. i would agree that they will not stop with beheadings etc. until the west has retreated from there. i don't think their goal is to destroy the west but to remove the western influence from the middle east.

sadly what they are doing is not more barbaric than what resistance fighters did throughout history. that the killers in iraq are called terrorists while the others are referred to as freedom fighters is understandable but shows how biased our view of the situation is.

lastly, i agree that the US and british troops have to stay since the country would go down in chaos otherwise. i find it however outragous of bush to demand help from the UN and other nations to pay for this shit.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

CZAR

Amen and Ditto. Rev

Double Amen and ditto to your ditto. D.E.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

CZAR

Amen and Ditto. Rev

Double Amen and ditto to your ditto. And five thumbs up for this idea. Some people never learn, never forgo an opening to spew, & sound more like jws than they'll ever want to admit to. Same Mantra, different dogma. Push, push, push.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit