They just announced the 2nd USA hostage has been executed

by Brummie 43 Replies latest social current

• Brummie
    Brummie

:(

They are taking the reports off Aljezzera but say they need more evidence.

It appears the UK hostage has no chance and will be the 3rd, his family have just been on the TV condemning the Prime minister for the Iraq war and asking for his resignation. But what can a Prime minister do? surrender to the sicko's commands? There appears no alternative in situations like this, the captives just have to die, not so powerful as we think are we.

• blindfool
    blindfool

I can't express my feelings any better than what Neal Boortz wrote on his web site this morning:

ISLAMIC TERRORISTS MURDER AMERICANThe bloodthirsty Islamic jihadists have struck again. Oh! You didn't know they were Muslims? Well, I can't blame you, since most of the media just refers to them as "insurgents." Along with their willing accomplices at the anti-American, pro-terrorist Al-Jazeera network, Islamic Al-Qaeda terrorists have sawed off the head of another American and shown it to the world. This time the victim was civil engineer Eugene Armstrong. The video of him being slaughtered was posted on an Islamic website yesterday. Abu Musab al-Zarqawi claimed responsibility for the killing and said another hostage would be next. They're holding an American and a Briton.

Armstrong was murdered the same way Nick Berg was. His head was sawed off while he was still alive as he gasped for air and blood poured from his neck. He knew exactly what was happening to him, and he knew exactly what these vicious Muslim terrorists were about to do to him. Can you imagine the horror he must've felt?

It's very sad, but as usual the media's love affair with the "insurgents" continues. Nowhere in the AP story describing the carnage do they call the killers terrorists. Even as they describe the murder, they're called "militants." Why don't they call them what they are? They're Islamic terrorists. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

www.boortz.com

Now these terrorists have killed yet another hostage. How can the world not know we have to deal with these people now.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

The poor Men.As much as i disagree with the war (and our PM),im certain Blair would, if he could,do something to save the last hostage.What can he do?The Women Prisoners (who the insurgents want released)are in U.S hands not British.Also the British hostage wasnt forced there dont forget.

However this is hideous.

what a bloody mess.

• Brummie
    Brummie

He put it good blind!

flea, I am Burnham on Sea, if you ever pass by pop in for a decaf... ;)

Brummie

• teejay
    teejay

Right now, Iraq is arguably one of the worst places on earth. There are places there where highly trained and heavily armed American troops WON'T GO. It is a war zone.

People have a right to go there and work for money, but there is no excuse for them to not know where they are. They should be fully aware of the risks that accompany potential rewards. Many, faced with the choice, have chosen not to go. Others go. There will be more beheadings.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This is barbaric
    It seems such an impotent thing to offer condolences to the family, but nonetheless, they are freely offered.

• Simon
    Simon

The UK foreign office has declared Iraq a no-go zone and recommends nationals leave.

This puts paid to the rediculous claims that the situation in Iraq has improved. A recent US study (bi-partisan) concluded that the situation was worst in all areas and that was before the recent surge in violence.

But what can a Prime minister do? surrender to the sicko's commands? There appears no alternative in situations like this, the captives just have to die, not so powerful as we think are we

Well, they could release them (the two women detainees). We could do with knowing why they are held and what they are charged with ... imagine how sick it would be if they turned out like so many of the other people - detained for years, never charged and eventually released.

BTW: I hope those who were against the Spanish elections going ahead will be calling for Iraqi elections to be postponed. Carrying on is a farce.

Maybe things will improve when the US and UK stop their daily terrorism. Right now it seems the only "solution" that those in charge can come up with is to drop more bombs on people and kill more civilians. Bravo, what a great way to win the peace, the hearts and minds.

Whatever happened to "shock and awe". Don't those people look fucking stupid now. Rumsfeld and co. should be stung up from the nearest lamp-post.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Whatever happened to "shock and awe". Don't those people look fucking stupid now. Rumsfeld and co. should be stung up from the nearest lamp-post.

I, for one, would like to hear the other side of this debate.... , oh wait, that's right, there's hardly anyone left with an opposing view..... too bad ... it's now like the preacher singing to the choir.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I, for one, would like to hear the other side of this debate.... , oh wait, that's right, there's hardly anyone left with an opposing view

I Dont think you will get it in this Country Mate.If the anti war marches last Year are anything to go by in London...and that was BEFORE the complete and utter mess we are in now!!I would love to know the percentage of the Population in Britain against this sad,stupid War that is being waged for Oil and Business Contracts!!!

I personally can think for myself thank you and i think the Iraq situation is shit.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Well, they could release them (the two women detainees). We could do with knowing why they are held and what they are charged with ...

According to this mornings newspapers only 2 women are being held prisoner at this time. They are both high ranking scientists charged with developing and testing chemical weapons

They are Dr. Rihab Rashid Taha, a scientist whom some American officials called "Dr. Germ" for helping Iraq make weapons out of anthrax, and Huda Salih Mahdi Ammash, a biological weapons researcher known as "Mrs. Anthrax."

When the women were seized in May 2003, U.S. officials told CNN they were optimistic that Taha's apprehension would prove to be extremely significant, given the scope of her work with biological agents.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/09/21/iraq.women/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit