Did you personally know one of the 144,000?

by badboy 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

In 1980, I knew Granny Tatum in Norfolk, VA (USA). She was in her 90's at that time, but was tough as nails and cool as hell. The funny thing is, after we left town, word got to us that her son had gone apostate, so who knows, maybe he's on this very site.

• Pole
    Pole

Wouldn't you say that in choosing the 144k Jehovah didn't just accept "men from every nation who fear him and do what is right".

Rather, he focused on Americans primarily. This idea of America being the chosen nation of modern times doesn't have to look strange or unfair in the US.

However I'm sure the worldwide proportions of the annointed JWs underrepresent Asians for example. Things were much more fair in the 1st century, because back then all Christians were "annointed".

Is Jehovah more racist now? Why should there be so many Americans ruling the NEW EARTH_TM? What makes them so special? And what's wrong with those nations which have no kings-priests in the heavenly government? I guess even the beastly UN is much more representative this respect...

Pole of the heavily underrepresented nation

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Pole, why do you complain? You have Sydlik and Jaracz!

And a very large part of the first (=> "anointed") Bible Students / JWs in France were Polish immigrants...

• Pole
    Pole

Nark,

Dang! YOu're right as usual. I thought I could get away with this one! Ok, so Poles do get represented, well at least Polish immigrants (although we did have a fair number of Polish Bible Students here in Poland too).

Any North Koreans on the GB, though? :-)

• RR
    RR
    Were there any in your congregation?

Yep .... me! RR

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

N.H.KNORR

F.W.FRANZ

K.F.KLEIN

D.SYDLIK

L.A.SWINGLE

C.BARBER

H.DIES

Respectfully,the question begs, ( those who claimed to be of the anointed ). Knowing what I know now, none of them, those that I knew, are or ever was.

Some I ate and drank with, others I spoke with.

Blueblades

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Lillian Wood, in MA.

Bro and Sis Leonard, in NY

Bro Smith in MA that had been DFed twice, lol!

Sis McIntyre in NY, Dfed, then reinstated, then claimed she was of the anointed, and was always on the streets with tracts and mags stopping anyone who went by! A real looney, sorry to say!

Sis Gertrude (?) I forgot her name, in NY.

• Jez
    Jez

Yes, I remember an old cranky brother. Miserable to his wife and his kids. BUT he was goin' to heaven. Us kids use to crack up during the memorial because HE gave the talk and was always in the middle of trying to swallow that dry bread. You could hear his smacking and crunching into the mike, then he would step back off the platform for some wine because he couldn't get it down. All of us kids were getting smacked by our parents bec we broke the silence! So much fun.

• joelbear
    joelbear

lets see.

when i was a kid in pensacola florida there was Brother Braim.

then in Jesup Ga there was Brother and Sister Skwarlow

then in Valdosta there was Brother Panturas

then in Jacksonville there was Brother Williams (the first young annointed I knew)

then there was a young guy in Valdosta who is now at Bethel, Brother Eddie Duncan.

wow, I've known 6 out of 144,000. pretty amazing.

funny how such a high percentage of the annointed picked from all of mankind from over 2000 years were picked within 40 years of each other and almost all in the same country

• lawrence
    lawrence

Yes, Mary Ritchie, Isabel Foster, and Myself - boy did they gag when I partook in 1975 & 1976 - pioneer kid, serving where the need was great. There was a lot of chatter. PO, CO, DO, and others would look in my eyes and chuck questions. Grooving now bubbas....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit