Did you personally know one of the 144,000?

by badboy 57 Replies latest jw friends

• core
    core

UYes - back in the late 50's 60's 6 in my then cong - old timers even then - not espeialy clever nor with any graces or airs - decent people - of couurse things were very different then and "normal" was much more the norm before the madness that followed the elder arrangement releasing power crazed idiots on so many

Remember on man who was reinstated took the wine but not the bread - when I asked him about this he said he was proving he was back now - on reflection the whole arrangement was obviously flawed but as with so many it was not then obvious to me

Two experiences or younger ones claiming to be "grafted in" anointed in the 60s - both start raving mad, arrogant and completely unfit for any leading role but claiming to be anointed gave them a credence that they wore like crowns.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I have personally known at least four brothers and sisters who claimed to be of the annointed.

1.) The pioneer brother that studied with me in the 70's sincerely believed he was heaven bound. He and his wife sacrificed much because of the 1975 teaching. When nothing happened they felt that they had misled many people and quit pioneering, He (at 40 years of age) went to college and was elected the class president. His wife became a corporate executive. As far as I know they have not returned to the WTBTS but are doing QUITE WELL.

2.) There was another brother (an elder) who believed he was of the annointed. This elder was a "hanging judge" and eventually was prohibited from serving on Judicial Committees.

3.) An elderly Czechoslavakian (spelling?) sister.

4.) A ding-bat sister (early 30's) who suddenly began professing to having the heavely hope. She was a pioneer and (to my way of thinking) thought whe was holy, holy.

FM

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

1. Hector Marshall, from Teulon and Winnipeg Beach, MB congregations. He studied with our family for several years and was involved in disfellowshipping my father. They declared my dad an apostate. Guess I'm following in daddy's footsteps, eh??? Too bad my dad didn't have JWD ...

2. A sister from a congregation in Pentiction who was the mother of one of my jw-friends. Can't remember her name, my friend's name was Leona.

3. A sister from a congregation in Saskatoon who had a vision of herself sitting in the corner at a bookstudy overlooking everyone from a higher plane. She did not tell too many people of her vision, lest the elders start looking at her kinda ummm ... funny ...

Love,

ESTEE

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I've known a few. One was a jem of a person, the others were really wacky. And I mean really really wacky.

wannaexit

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I could have been one of the 144K, but I slipped up and I had to have sex. :)

CRR, of the microscopically Hebrew heritage class.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Yes! My wife, a full time pioneer in her late 60's, claims to be of the annointed. I never have been a JW. Since I sleep with her, does that mean I get to survive armegeddon? LOL.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Yes,

His name was Michael Galloway. In '92 I think he was in his 40s. Very odd guy. People always wispered about him. He was upset once because in East Texas we all say, "Sir". He was tired of being called sir because, he said, sir was derived of "sire". Which means a stud horse. He didn't like being called a stud horse, so there were several back room meetings about this.

Back in '92 I fell off a scaffold onto the concrete. Ended up with a brain injury (closed head). I had married a good little dub girl just 3 months prior. Within 8 months she gives me divorce papers and kicks me out of the house (I'm still recovering). We had to meet the elders. In the meeting she even said, "I can't take his problems anymore." I had very bad mood swings. We were both publically reproved. Michael Galloway (our anointed bro) sat in on the meeting. I later talked to him and said, "It looks like to me that unless I can prove to you that my head is screwed up, I am guilty. I'm guilty untill I can prove myself innocent." He said, "I'm sorry, but that about the way it is."

Shouldn't he have been able to see through my head? He was/is of the anointed ya' know.

Bryan

• badboy
    badboy

Thanks everyone for your contribulation.(sp?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit