update on Joy and Steve

by Mulan 71 Replies latest social current

• Robdar
    Robdar

Joy and Steve have been on my mind. Their beautiful house is so close to the ocean! I am glad that they are safe.

Thanks for the update.

Robyn

• Special K
    Special K

Thanks for keeping us updated Mulan

have 5 strong young fellows, with them

This can be a great help when you need to move things around and pile sandbags. Wet sand is really heavy to shovel, too.

Special K

(Mulan, any chance you can copy and paste the picture from the other thread on here)..

• outnfree
    outnfree

Dana -- Have you phoned yet? I am worrying, too, and as I've lost my cell phone, I can't check myself...

Love to (((((Steve, Joy & kids)))))))), (((((( Dana & kids, too))))))))).

Lilacs -- Any word on your friend, Mattie?

SP -- If Jeanne comes your way, I'll be your official "worrier"!

Brenda

• Mulan
    Mulan

I will call as soon as I think they will be awake. If they were up a lot last night, they may be finally able to get some sleep. I'll post as soon as I talk to them

I suspect they are fine though. The news this morning showed very little at Panama City Beach, so I assume they were not hit too hard there. Pensacola looks like a war zone though, and it is West of them. Joy told me a few days ago that if they got the Western part of the hurricane, it would be an "easier hit". I sure hope so.

She also told me she would call me when she could, so I am waiting a bit for that too.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

((((((Brenda))))) You lost your cell phone?? Sounds like something I would do I tried calling them earlier but all I have is their home number, I've misplaced Joy's cell #, and of course I can't get through. Hopefully, Mulan has the cell and can get in touch with them. BTW...thank you so much for the b/day card

Mulan, thank you for the updates...I'll be glad when you hear from them so that we can all be reassured.

Dana

• Mulan
    Mulan

Okay, I just talked to Joy and they are fine. The water came within 5 feet of their house and didn't go further, so the house is not wet inside at all. There is minimal damage to the house, just an underhanging under the upper deck came loose and blew away. Otherwise all is intact. There is a mandatory, enforced, curfew there, so they have to stay inside until further notice.

They are still without electricity, but survived the night. It is still very windy, 65 mph winds. She said she stayed up all night listening to the radio (battery operated) but they are fine.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thanks for the update Mulan

Glad they are OK

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

((((Mulan)))) Thanks for the update! I'm relieved to hear they're okay and that's bonus good news that they didn't get water in the house.

Love,

Dana

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Glad to hear all our Floridian friends are ok.
    (((hugs)))

• Sassy
    Sassy

has anyone heard from NoDenial or CodeBlue? they were in the area Joy and Steve were (were actually going to try to hook up). Did Joy say anything about talking to CB? both of them were in chat a couple on Monday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit