update on Joy and Steve

by Mulan 71 Replies latest social current

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Oh man, I hope they get the sand bags set out in time to keep the water out.

I'm worried about my friend, Mattie. I called her earlier this afternoon on her cell phone but got no answer. I left a message for her to call me when she got the message but so far nothing. She lives in Thibodaux, LA. I hope she is alright.

Keep safe you all. I will be thinking of all of you and wishing the best for you.

• Simon
    Simon

Glad they are not in it's path

Hope it doesn't hit too hard even so.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Thanks for the update, Mulan. I was watching CNN when I first got up this morning to see how Panama City fared through the bad weather.

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Thank you for the update! It is good to hear that they are doing alright. Keep us posted, please.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Has anyone talked to them this morning?? I don't want to call too early, but after watching the news, I am REALLY concerned! There was a report that a tornado hit the area...I know that it's a bit overreactive of me to think it hit their exact area, but I can't help being worried.

Dana

• Xandria
    Xandria

Thanks Mulan!

It is good to hear that they are all right, I just am sadden to hear about all the destruction. We are watching storms ourselves. It is not fun to be on such alert, all the worry has made people just very demoralized. We are going to get the spin offs from Ivan and we are watching Jeanne.

I am wondering why all these hurricanes in a row like this. There is Javier, Ivan and Jeanne.. and I hear they are watching another depression out towards where Jeanne is, so it is hard not to get discouraged that you are going to recover from this. It is very overwhelming.

X.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Thank you so much for the update! They've been on my mind non-stop the last several days. Although I would love it if there was another update from last night.

Andi - of the worry-wart class

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

If anyone hears any news about Steve and Joy, please let us know. I too heard Panama City had a tornado, as well as high winds from Ivan. We turned on CNN as soon as we got up to find out what happened.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Downunder we're very concerned to know how our friends are, too!

We've been speaking to people here in Oz about this today and they too share their heartfelt concern for the folks there.

Please use this thread for updates.

Cheers, ozzie

• Angharad
    Angharad

I've been watching the news updates this morning, it looks awful in some places.

Hope they made it through the night ok

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit