How Well Educated Are You?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

Bachelor of Arts in History Education.

Beginning PhD classes...

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I have a BS in Mass Communications. My emphasis was in advertising.

After graduating, I went to work in an in-house ad agency for a retailer. After a particularly bad holiday season, they laid a few of us off. Having sold my soul to go into advertising it was an easy step to move right into insurance. I work with premiums allllll day.

To be honest, there are very few people I know that actually have a job in the field that they received their degree in. However, a degree is useful because most companies just want someone with a degree.

Eventually, I would like to get my Masters in History and teach at a small southern college or university. Then after a day of filling young minds full of knowledge, I can come home and sip margaritas on the veranda. (We all need a dream, right?)

Country

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Academically?

I have a degree in English, and am presently working on a translation of the Bible in the Cockney Language. Here is a sample taken from the book of James :

JAMES 1:1-4

1. Oi! ?ere?s the buzz from Jimmy, a mate of God an of JC?s. Wotcha to the dozen groups of lads hanging around all the ?ole Roman world.

2. Me mates, when you ?ave to face agro of all sorts, don?t bleedin moan about it, enjoy it loike, cos it?al test yer bottle, an make ya really strong, loike. In fat it'al make a real hard geezer of ya.

Part of my introduction is true and part of it is not.

Best regards - HS

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

My stepfather pulled me out of school when I was twelve. A few years later, I took the test for my GED and aced that mutha. Then, at the tender age of 32, I started taking a few college classes on a lark; liked it so much, I hung around to get my associate's in business administration, which I completed in May. I'm taking a break from academia right now, but look forward to going back for my bachelor's as soon as I'm able.

• dh
    dh

well enough to be me

• minimus
    minimus

Hillary_Step ain't nuthin' but a wigger.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Intelligence and education are not the same thing. I do have B.S. degrees in both Business Administration and Civil Engineering and a Masters Degree in Civil Engineering. I have learned that learning is a life long process and that credentials (degrees) are of limited value. However, they have gotten me some great jobs in the Civil Engineering field.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Bachelors in maths, but I never worked in the field, and now I've forgotten most of it. It was fun at the time though.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

HS:

Nah, I vote it should be sent to a Translation Committee. Look, I can see a flaw in your cockney :

don?t bleedin moan about it

i have it on good authority that should be "dontcha bleedin moan abart it".

Cheers, Ozzie (of the pure language class)

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Well,

According to watchtower I am well educated:

30 years in the theocratic ministry school

30 years of reading watchtower and awake

that makes me as educated as any college or university grad.

What a farce.

This is a very sensitive subject for me. I had the opportunity to go on to university but I turned it down to pioneer. After all the end was just around the corner.

If there is anything that bothers me the most about the borganization is that IT DENIED ME AN EDUCATION.

I finished HIGH SCHOOL. In Canada high school does not get you very far.

And for any of you LURKERS FROM BROOKLYN that think that the society is not to blame go back and do your homework. Punch in education in your watchtower library and start reading. Going to school was considered practically a sin. So thanks to a bunch of old men that don't know their right from their left I don't have a good education.

Well, I am glad I got this off my chest. Thanks minimus

wannaexit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit