How Well Educated Are You?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is that in California, Fark?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in History; took 2 years of courses in theology and one in education.

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

Graduated high school with mediocre grades. Am attending college now, finally. I want to be a midwife when I "grow" up.

Bethany

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    I graduated with honors from "Screw U."

Ah yes, I've seen that school. I usually drive by it really fast with my middle finger out the window ;)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Shouldn't the question be : How well are you being educated now?

• jwbot
    jwbot

I love school, I do not care for the degrees...but whatever will get me a good job to support my schooling habit :)

Hopefully I will have a BS (appropriate) in May in New Media, and then I might stay a couple more years for something more "practical" like business admin. I dunno.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Some of the most intelligent people I know never graduated from high school. And some of the most ignorant have PHDs.

My mother forced me to quit school after grade 10 (Grade 11 needed for a HS diploma) so that I could stay home and take care of her kids.

After I left the borg I went to college as a mature studnet and graduated with honors in a 3-yr professional counseling program.

Then went on to university and graduated with a BA in Applied Social Science (more counseling).

For those of you who do NOT have your high school equivalency---- if you have been out of school for more than 2 years you may not need to get it to go to college or university. Check to see if they have a mature student program. Don't give up on learning. it is the best thing you can do for yourself - regardless of what you decide to do with it later.

Oh and if you are retired many colleges and universities will allow you to audit courses - for free and with no exams. Mind you no papers either but you will learn

Learning is an investment in personal development regardless of age or experience

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Two PHDs in Nuclear Physics and an A.A. degree in Underwater Basket Weaving

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I graduated from Pioneer School and am currently enrolled in the Theocratic Ministry School. I have been an avid reader of the Awake! for over 25 years, thus obtaining a honorary doctorate at JWBSU.

Thankfully I never wasted my time corrupting my mind with worldly wisdom.

• eiu2003
    eiu2003

An Associates in Business

An Associates in Science

A Bachelor of Arts Minor in Business

Currently working on Masters in Science in Computer Technology

Guess i have gone overboard since i quit HS and Pioneered and always thought i should have gone to college. I have been going to school for the last 12 years to get these and i am done after this one!! Hope to have it before i am 50!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit