How Well Educated Are You?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

12 years of schooling (and never stayed back, either) for me.....And you??

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Oh yay.. a thread for people to grandstand on!! I am in my forth year of college myself.. yay me!

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

graduated 9th in my senior class, had 2 years of electronic engineering and dropped out because the world was ending (^_^)

have studied psychology for over 13 years outside of schools as a hobby.

even came up with some theories on my own validated by actual researchers I learned about later.

• minimus
    minimus

Nah, I wasn't looking at it like that, Stinky. I know many JWs that never went to college. I think a few here have gone to get more schooling. And some of the smartest people I know had to work for their families when they were 16 and never even finished school.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I'm one of those people who reply "some college" when asked their level of education on quizes.

I have college certificates in Business Law, Conflict Management, Interior Design, and the Fundementals of Engineering. I suppose with the amount of time I spent getting certificates I could have a decent degree by now, but unfortunately I could never make up my mind, and I've had to support myself since 17. I started my own business and got into real estate without a formal education in that field, and I'm doing great thus far.

• Golf
    Golf

Migraines prevented me from finishing school, the rest is street smarts, the school of hard knocks.

Guest 77

• glitter
    glitter

I left school at age 14 due to an illness I've *still* got. I have just begun an online English course to try and get a GCSE: the exams 16 year-olds take here.

Glitter, of the thicko class.

• myelaine
    myelaine

I finished grade nine because I was shipped off to Saddle Lake Reserve. My Grandmom was a teacher there(grade 2/3), I lived with her and only missed two days of school all year. Yeah for me! Then I took adult upgrading and got my G.E.D. Yeah for me! Then I took a computer couse about 14 years ago, because I had to. Yeah for me. I haven't used a computer since I came on this forum. Yeah for me!

love michelle

• blondie
    blondie

I started working a college degree taking my time trying to keep it fun and me out of the poorhouse. Learning should be he goal, not the degree.

Blondie

• Farkel
    Farkel

I graduated with honors from "Screw U."

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit