U.S. death toll in Iraq at 1,000

by Simon 60 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

What a sad 'milestone' ... and for what?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5911852/

• kls
    kls

Those poor family's , the suffering. My nephew is a bouncer in a bar and saturday night a Marine came in to have a few drinks . He sat at the bar bothering no one just wanted to sit and be with people when this moron started to hassle this Marine , asking if he wanted to fight and what ever. This poor Marine walked up to my nephew and asked him to stop this moron from hassling him that he had just come back from Iraq and had to kill people and admitted he was messed up in the head and just wanted to be left alone.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think a client friend's across-the-street neighbor was mother to number 1000 (or very, very close to KIA number 1K). I saw them crying together as I left their house today. Her son had just been home 12 days ago, for 2 week stay after being reasigned to Iraq from his posting in Korea. His father was at the house alone yesterday when the men in uniform came at 6:45 am to give them the news; his mother and sister had a long drive home from Arkansas on labor day. He was twenty.

• kls
    kls

SixofNine when you see it so close to home it is so surreal. That poor family

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I am a registered voter (US) I won't be voting for bush,didn't vote for his daddy either.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Not only do the familys have to deal with the dead but the trauma loved ones face in this war.

When I was growing up I recall hearing the same type horror stories from the Vietnam veterans.

Will

• Gadget
    Gadget

Its because some epople want to try and make a difference, instead of just sitting on the fence passing judgement.

• scotsman
    scotsman

And it's tragic that we don't get milestones for Iraqi civilian deaths.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

So that your sons won't have to live or die under the authoritarian decrees of some theocratic mulla, just as thousands more Americans died so that YOU wouldn't have to grow up speaking German and heiling Hitler, or see your parents shipped off to a labor camp.

You can thank us later.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Simon,

CNN just did a rather negative report on this. They ran two clips of George saying the war is over and then the reporter explained that 85% of the deaths have come since the war ended.

Now they are reporting the total is "1003 yet the administration insists that the war was necessary".

Nathan,

So that your sons won't have to live or die under the authoritarian decrees of some theocratic mulla

I completely agree with the need to deal with terrorism, but this war was about something else.

But lets don't let this become an issue to argue, we are just reporting the news.

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit