U.S. death toll in Iraq at 1,000

by Simon 60 Replies latest social current

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    we are just reporting the news.

I have no desire to get involved in an argument either.

I've missed the posts about the news that Iraq is now free from a brutal dictatorship, and is preparing for its first democratic election since it was liberated.

I've missed the posts about the news that the majority of Iraq is both free and peaceful, and that the pockets of resistance involve the followers of authoritarian antidemocratic theocrat mullas who claim to speak for the only true god and can quote scripture about how infidels deserve to die.

I believe we are engaged in World War Three right now and that the survival of western civilization is at stake.

I'm sure there are women out there who yearn for the comfort of the burka and the bullet behind the ear administered in a soccer stadium. I'm sure there are Christians, Jews, and atheistic secular humanists who do not believe "allah hu akbar" and long to be drawn and quartered as infidels.

I may be in the minority.

"This is the way the world ends

This is the way the world ends,

This is the way the world ends,

not with a bang but a whimper."

- T. S. Eliot, "The Hollow Men" 1925

• Xena
    Xena
    But lets don't let this become an issue to argue, we are just reporting the news.

If it were "just" reporting the news there would be no editorial comment added to it.

• blondie
    blondie
    A total of 42,643 people died in traffic accidents last year in the US.

But that is good news.

Greater seat belt use and a drop in alcohol-related fatalities brought the number of U.S. highway deaths down in 2003 to 42,643, reversing four years of increases that had alarmed safety officials, regulators said on Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/08/10/autos.deaths.reut/

• Realist
    Realist

@ blondie

every day about 300.000 people die of natural causes so why worry about any killings?

• Realist
    Realist

@ nathan

so removing saddam made our lives safer?

it seems removing him was the best that could have ahppened to the religious nuts and terrorists in the region.

• sleepy
    sleepy

"I believe we are engaged in World War Three right now and that the survival of western civilization is at stake." The US verses Saddam = world war 3? I always knew Americans belived the whole world revolves around them.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    so removing saddam made our lives safer?

yes.

• Realist
    Realist

@ rev

how so?

• blondie
    blondie
    natural causes

Iraqi civilian deaths 11,793

• dh
    dh
    scotsman: And it's tragic that we don't get milestones for Iraqi civilian deaths.
    blondie: Iraqi civilian deaths 11,793

that's what i'm talking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit