JW Spouse problems

by marcosgarcia 58 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

ask her if she'd let your kids die rather than have a blood transfusion. Try to get it on tape. Then play that for all of her relatives.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Marcos:

I think you are getting a good dose of reality here, and the advice is just phenomenal. I also agree that your refusal to engage in her "battle of the religions" is a good way to stave off possible arguments, and shut her up. However, Jehovah's Witnesses are notoriously persistent at knocking their heads against a brick wall. The most important thing to remember is that you are battling for your childrens' lives! If there ever comes a time that your child needs a blood transfusion, and you are, say, on a business trip, she will not allow them to take one, as she will be the one the doctors turn to automatically to ask for permission for medical treatment, since she is their parent. They're not going to waste time to call you up and ask. In this situation, your child could die without proper medical care! So, for what it's worth, I would take it very seriously, and propose that you get legal advice about what you can do in the event a situation like this should arise. Maybe there is some legal agreement that you can get her to sign, and file it with all the hospitals in your area that says that they have permission to administer whatever life saving measures they deem necessary. I just don'tknow.. no easy answer.

Whatever she does is her own business. If she wants to ruin her life with the silly cult, let her. There really is nothing you can do to stop a grown adult woman from making her choices, but you are entitled and obligated to make these choices for your children!

The "leader" of the group down at the Kingdom Hall is the presiding overseer. I do not use initial caps because that is an indication of respect for a title, which I don't have. Although I really don't believe it will help, you could go down or call the presiding overseer and demand that he restrain the congregation from preaching to your children. In the event that he says that it's entirely up to you, but if your wife brings them to the KH he will not stop her, just continue snatching them from the Kingdom Hall during meetings. I admire you for your cajones!

I think a restraining order is a good idea, however, it must be backed up by facts. If you can gather together enough evidence of why this influence is not good for your children, and show it to a Judge, and convince him/her, you may have something there. The blood issue would be a good start. Another thing that you can take issue with is the pedophile issue which is fully documented.

Just throwing some ideas out there. Good luck.. and I mean that! But not in a demonic way.. heh.

Country Girl

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

<country girl hearts KLS>

Country Girl

• marcosgarcia
    marcosgarcia

COUNTRY GIRL: THX

You is pretty smart faw a country chick! And "cajones"? Great Balls a Fire !!! Wher'd ya learn that there talk? Oh my!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Jehovah's witnesses will say that they will respect your authorith as HOH but believe me they don't.

And yes they will try and study with your kids behind your back.

At one time I was a very hard core jw and I also had studies with wives and children behind husbands backs.

Jehovah's witnesses are on a mission to convert and they will stop at nothing.

Sorry for you that you find yourself in this situation.

wannaexit

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

To get a restraining/protection order you usually need to get the NAMES of the defendents.Here in Maine usa,so-called 'global pleading' is not allowed.

I other words,i can't take out a no contact order on all JW's in the country.You almost need to keep the religion out of it and go directly after the perpetrators as named individuals.

Get their names and addresses.Go to district court or information hotline/online and ask questions for free.

They are a demented cult,in my old Rockland Massachusetts cong.there was a sister who came to meetings wearing dark glasses to cover her beat up black eyes.Inflicted on her my her."opposing" husband.

That poor women went through hell, and was praised as 'examplary'.

They are the family wreckers of the world,this is one of the chief arguements the Russian's have had for outlawing them

Any kind of legal/police involvement will usually shake up the elders.They are scared rabbits.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

COUNTRY GIRL: THX

You is pretty smart faw a country chick! And "cajones"? Great Balls a Fire !!! Wher'd ya learn that there talk? Oh my!

Ummm... I married a Mexican? That's a common misconception that country chicks aren't smart. I was born in the city, and lived part of my life there. I was raised on an 80 acre ranch, and my kin folk are farmers. My father was a shepherd, but later became one of Texas' best businessmen. I don't think that there's anything wrong with that. My kin had red necks because they worked their ass off in the fields to give me a better life.

However, I offered you my best advice, and I refrained from writing like a hick. Yet you address me as one. I find that somewhat disrespectful. I am *not* ignorant, as so many like to define country folk.

I am well-read and can discourse on many topics. I speak a few languages, I am a good student, a good wife, and a good human. I care about people, and I care about children. Please, when you address me, please address what I posted, instead of using your post to dehumanize and talk down to me. If you'd like to talk down to your wife, that is your business, but I will call you on talking down to me.

You are the one that came here asking for advice. It's not always good to bite the hand that feeds you. If you like my suggestions, use them. If you don't like them, you are welcome to criticize them, and individually post why not. But do not talk to me like I am an idiot. You may do that to your wife, but not to me. I don't put up with that with my own husband, and I will nt put up with that from you.

Country Girl

• marcosgarcia
    marcosgarcia

Country Girl I apologize ! It was a joke...apparently a bad one...sorry. I have friends in the midwest of the US and they joke around a lot talking like that. I have plenty of family that are farmers and have worked in the fields. We are no strangers to hard work getting one ahead so I identify with that.

And yes I do appreciate your advice, so again sorry to offend you.

¿Paz?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

When JW's go to convert you they do not do it out of their heart. The mere fact that they have found and

converted someone will give them "glory". What "glory"? They can now brag about it, rasing status, and

also giving opportunity to go onstage at district and circiuit conventions and showing how they faught all

odds to save someone against "the wolf/husband". You are now part of that stage, and when they get heir way

she will be invited as such to show along with her study conductor how evil you were!

Read all these posts, read good info like web sites www.freeminds.org and others like it. Read how past history of

JW's has been changed in our "history book proclaimers.....". Read the old "light" which has been replaced by new light.

Example: Before the 80's you could not have transplants, in the pre-war time we were not allowed to get vaccines, and how

many published stuff is just mere nonsense (aluminum, reflexology, natural cures, etc)

These publications (awake and WT) re not even worth the paper it's printed on.

I also think that as HOH you can limit how much money she conributes, since all these books she is

getting are given to her on the "contribution basis"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit