JW Spouse problems

by marcosgarcia 58 Replies latest jw friends

• marcosgarcia
    marcosgarcia

I am not a JW, my spouse is getting way into it -- 4 times a week. I am not sure what she is doing - and I am not interested in JW -- it is not for me or my children. A sister was coming to my home -- without my consent and giving a "study" to my children. I told them to stop and after much heated discussion the reply was that since I was the HOH -- the JWs would respect my choice of religion for my children and stop coming to my home. I was pissed afterwards when I put things together and relaized "Why the heck did they not ask my permission in the first place if respecting HOH is the rule? Why were they preaching to my children, behind my back? Is this the way JWs operate? I am trying hard to keep them away from my children, but they started doing studies with my spouse and the children were present. I forbid that. Something happend to the sister doing the studies, and she was replaced. When I mentioned the sisters name to my spouse, she said she no longer has anything to do with "that woman" (the sister). So she got a new teacher. I told the new one I did not want my children near her -- when I caught her giving a stuudy to my spouse with the children present. She just said "Oh sorry about that." I took my children and told her not to come near them. Now the second sister has been replaced with a third one. The third one I found outside my child's school waiting to pick up my child with my spouse. Does any one have an idea why the sisters keep getting replaced? Does this mean my spouse is moving up to different levels in the org? How can I keep them away? As for the marriage it is as though I am trapped. If I leave the JWs will come in and start teaching my children since they no longer consider me head of household. Any advice or comments? If this is an inappropriate post please let me know. I am seeking some advise/answers. Thanks

• Valis
    Valis

Sounds like you need to have a very serious talk with the wife about being a JW and what you will and will not tollerate. She goes to all those meeting, because well, that's what JWs do. They go to meeting all the time because it doesn't take long for them to believe that's what is necessary. Sorry for your situation, but be a man and stand up to her. If anything for the sake of your kids.

BTW yes they will try and get the kids studying behind your back. My parents tried that crap and have continued to do so. Which is why I have my own family and don't have much for them any more.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• kls
    kls

Not only do you need the children to stop seeing the JWS but you need to stop your wife as well before she gets in to deep. They don't care who they recruit or how. I don't know how to tell you to stop the meetings with with the JWS you know your wife but before long you will be living a miserable life with a wife that has love only for the WT and the children will be stuck in the middle.

• Joker10
    Joker10

Sad you want to choose your wife's religion and faith for her.

• kls
    kls

Joker we are not talking a religion we are talking a cult. You should know ,you are a JW visiting a apostate site.

• Valis
    Valis

Joker shut up...She's the one foisting the JW crap on the kids and I know for a fact JWs will go behind your back and not respect your choice as a parent to not have your kids involved in their stupid religion. What really must be sad is to go around talking like some guilt mongering wackjob fresh from the Kingdom Hall.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• kls
    kls

You go Valis,,,,,,,grrrrrrrrrrr

• Joker10
    Joker10

Kls, its a matter of opinion. Her wife is her own person. Some things one should decide on their own. This is called a personal decision. He is not respecting her.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Joker10 spewed:

"Sad you want to choose your wife's religion and faith for her."

It's sad that you think it's perfectly all right for JWs to try to circumvent a parent's authority in his own family.

Make sure you counter what they're hearing with facts about the society, easily obtainable from this site and others.

Walter

• kls
    kls

Joker it is a matter of saving your marriage and children from a life of no love and hell . Since when do the JWS care of anything the wife say's. I am married to a JW so i know what a loveless marriage and hell is and how the WT controls it's followers. If his wife was walking in-front of a car should he stand there and let her get hit or should he stop here from getting hit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit