Are You SURE JWs Don't Have The Truth???

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

A good friend of mine told me today, that he saw a sign on a Church that said, "God said 'you are my Witnesses' NOT JUDGES!" My friend said, when you think about it, this is so-true! JW's were NEVER appointed (as they claim) as judges, but only as ?witnesses.?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yes, I'm sure that JWs do not have the truth. No religion does.

Robyn

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I am utterly and completely convinced that there will never be any truth in that religion. It's a scheme and a scam from top to bottom, start to finish.

I love to hate it.

CZAR

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Well check this out: The truth is not something one "has", so the JWs cannot have it anymore than anyone else can have it.

The process of worrying about "what-if's" is similar in that one thinks it is something the mind apprehends, when it goes farther than that. I mean hey, if it was just a mental thing it wouldn't affect people's lives so deeply would it? It is in a sense being addicted to thinking, rather than using the mind as a tool it becomes something one indulges in, kind of like someone who spends a lot of time on the computer but doesn't really use it for any practical application. (anyone who has been a geek knows what I'm talking about) In this case it's addiction to a particular way of thinking, it's kind of like trying to run a program that is so buggy and frustrating yourself over it when there are easier and more pleasant ways. More specifically to this example it is being addicted to the idea of "what if the JWs really has the truth??" That has more to do with that thought than the JWs actually 'having' the truth or not.

The truth is, you are someone having this idea the JWs might be right, and the JWs have some set of ideas they are calling "The Truth", that's all. The fallacy is in thinking any of these thoughts have any basis in reality other than it being a thought in people's heads. A rock hitting you in the head is more real than what you take these thoughts to be, when you think they are more than just thoughts.

• Jez
    Jez

I feel too good out, for it to be the "truth." There is no truth, only ppl's perception of it.

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

Absolutely. I have a hard time believing that god - in whatever form you choose - would turn his/her back on someone who truly believes in him/her and lives a decent life. I don't profess to know what happens when we die, but I believe that as long as you strived to be a good person, you'll be okay, whatever the outcome is. That's just my opinion though.

• SAHS
    SAHS
    Are You SURE JWs Don't Have The Truth???

Answer:

Quote from 1996 movie Jerry Maguire:

?Show me the money!?

Relevant adaptation:

?Show me the truth!? (i.e., ?big A??)

?SAHS

• minimus
    minimus

Ahhh but the truth is the truth. Sometimes overzealous "ones" may, in their eagernes for the Lord's day to come, make statements that turn out to be incorrect. This in no way takes away from what is the truth.

• outnfree
    outnfree

I'm gagging here, mini!

I am 100% positive JW's don't have "The Truth." And once I figured that out, I've never looked back. I am SO much happier with myself and the world since leaving. It is so much easier to find the beauty and warmth and joy in people now that I'm out, too. Makes me want to do that little happy dance your avatar is so good at!

outnfree

• AlanB
    AlanB

I used to...

Not since I read all the things on this board some books and checked it all out for myself. Ray's book especially.

I have no doubt whatsoever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit