Are You SURE JWs Don't Have The Truth???

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

"By their fruits you will know them." --J. Christ

• FMZ
    FMZ

"Fruit? Mmmmm, strawberries." --K. Jones

• undercover
    undercover
    Are You SURE JWs Don't Have The Truth???

Truth is absolute. If something is true, it cannot be false. Truth cannot change. It is what it is.

Compare that to what JWs claim to have as "truth". It has been one thing, then another. It has changed. It has changed back. If it was the "truth" before it changed, is it now not the "truth"? If it is the "truth" now, then was it not the "truth" before?

As noted earlier, one cannot "have" the truth. One can choose to believe or not believe what is true, but cannot possess it or be part of it.

• minimus
    minimus

Undercover, you sound like an apostate.

• undercover
    undercover

Yes, you and your kind have corrupted me and led me astray from the pure worship of True God, Jehovah.

Thank you. I'm in your debt.

• heathen
    heathen

I think the truth is---- religionists are all hypocrites ....... I am glad I came to this site to find the truth . Thank you all for sharing your experiences and making people think ...

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I remember thinking, it would be one thing if they claimed to be INSPIRED and INFALLIBLE, but they never made any such claim, so I could not accept them as having THE TRUTH when they themselves admitted they did not have more than SINcere opinion....

What I found totally unacceptable was the FACT that my honest defection would be punished, but my dishonest playing along would be rewarded.... any organization which punishes the honest and rewards the dishonest cannot be claiming the moral high ground.

• dh
    dh

nope, i know it's not 'the truth'

I'm sure glad I'm out!

are you actually out now?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

You need to define "The Truth" before you can ask the question.

If you mean "The Truth" brandname that JWs profess, then yes of course - because JWs have defined that phrase themselves. If fact its part of the JW bubble that says "we are in the Truth because the WT says so." To a R&F JW "The Truth" is actually a cultural term for their association with "God's" organization.

But if you mean that JWs have a patent on emprical truth, then absolutely no. "Only God knows" the truth. And if you are agnostic/atheist, even that is in doubt.

JWs admit that their organization is lead by imperfect men, from top to bottom.

JWs admit that their previous outdated doctrines are no longer "truth".

JW accept that what they believe right now may be revised in the future as they are exposed to "new light."

So what is true about that?

• micheal
    micheal

There is no way in hell they have THE TRUTH.

NO WAY AT ALL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit