Are You SURE JWs Don't Have The Truth???

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

If Jehovah's Witnesses have the Truth; why do they take hostages?

The threat upon leaving is twofold.

1.Extinction at Armageddon

2.You'll never be able to communicate with your bros. and sisters again

Who did Jesus ever disfellowship? Not even Judas! When faced with a person who deserved death under the Law he forgave her and instructed her to "go and sin no more".

Jesus was criticised for keeping company with tax collectors and sinners and prostitutes.

Jesus taught continued forgiveness.

Jesus taught that the Law was to serve man's benefit (such as Sabbath law) and not the other way around.

Jehovah's Witnesses claim to represent the government led by this same Jesus and yet they pile rules galore upon the rank and file.

The TRUTH will set you free; Jehovah's Witnesses never will.

The fact that a person who leaves the organization cannot easily rid themselves of the conditioning is more a tribute to the Stockholm Syndrome and mind-rape of the Governing Body than it is to a feeling that one has left the "true" religion behind.

(Stockholm Syndrome describes the behavior of kidnap victims who, over time, become sympathetic to their captors. The name derives from a 1973 hostage incident in Stockholm, Sweden. At the end of six days of captivity in a bank, several kidnap victims actually resisted rescue attempts, and afterwards refused to testify against their captors.)

• Aaac
    Aaac

When something is "too good to be true", then it is not. Just face that.

• littletree
    littletree

I stopped attending the Kingdom Hall exactly 1 year ago, as of yesterday. When I start to doubt my decision about leaving, I come to this forum, or I remind myself of how I always felt "not good enough" as a Witness. Or of how, eventhough I had a good heart and sincerely practiced what I preached, I wasn't one of the favored ones in my Hall because I didn't have the best "hours". I remind myself of the judgemental attitudes of those in the Hall. I remind myself of the fact that I went door-to-door teaching prophecies that I never really believed. I remind myself that there are GOOD people (some religious, some not) in this world, not just "wicked" or "wordly" people as Witnesses claim. I remind myself that this Organization, of man, never made me feel any closer to God- no matter how hard I tried, cried, and prayed. I believe that truth and spiritually should be sincere, heartfelt, and come naturally.

• minimus
    minimus

Happy anniversary, Littletree!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Are You SURE JWs Don't Have The Truth???

Yep

• littletree
    littletree

Thanks Minimus, and nice to meet/greet you! It was so ironic that it was also the anniversary of my baptism (09.01.1991). The difference is that my choice to be baptized, at 14, was made because the Organization was all that I had known, and because I wanted to please my mother. The choice I made one year ago was ALL mine! I'm still working out how I feel about religion, and God, but at least I have the freedom to do that. I feel so much more at peace with myself. I bet most people here do.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Poz, stop thinking what i am thinking.

Great minds think alike...However my mind was a little slower on the draw than yours. Typical male I guess....

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Let the chips fall where they may....... ABC'S 101 (1) the central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower is that Christ Jesus returned to power in 1914.This 'mutated millerite' dogma is a blasphemous bogus LIE!

(2) The revered Holy-man founder of Jehovah's Witnesses is buried in a mystical pyramid monument.

(3) Sooo,the upshot of # 1 and # 2 is that the Watchtower has been,teaching doctrines of demons from the get-go with their Gospel of gobbledygook

Consequently on the basis of Gal.1:8 Jehovah's Witnesses are accursed and die unsaved.

That's enough right there! I might add that people usually imitate the God they worship,who by process of elimination is NOT Jesus Christ.

This would account for all the dog eat dog turmoil among JW's.[James 3:15,16]

Only prisons have watchtowers. If I chose to compose a letter to the editor for a 'worldly' newspaper it would be this:Regarding Jehovah's Witnesses; A Destructive, Abusive Cult

• Carmel
    Carmel

Truth is relative!

So there!

caveman

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

I donĀ“t even care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit